Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Squeaky Park Assist (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=65759)

brockie99 Feb 3rd, 2009 11:34

Squeaky Park Assist

Hi,
I am new to this forum and this is my first post and have had my 2004 S40 T5 SE about 2 months now and I absolutely love it. So quiet, refined, luxurious and seriously quick!

I bought it from a guy in sussex that bought it new as an ex demo. So it has all the kit on it apart from Sat Nav really.

One of the things we spoke about was the Rear Park Assist that was fitted to it that was not standard on these vehicles back then, but is now. The Park Assist seems to be a little squeaky when beeping but works fine.
Its not a really important thing to fix but sometimes it does get to me and everyone who gets in the car comments about it.
It sounds alot like a budgie is sitting in my boot!

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and if there is any way to fix such an issue?

Thanks for your help.

catch22 Feb 5th, 2009 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by brockie99 (Post 457777)
Hi,
I am new to this forum and this is my first post and have had my 2004 S40 T5 SE about 2 months now and I absolutely love it. So quiet, refined, luxurious and seriously quick!

I bought it from a guy in sussex that bought it new as an ex demo. So it has all the kit on it apart from Sat Nav really.

One of the things we spoke about was the Rear Park Assist that was fitted to it that was not standard on these vehicles back then, but is now. The Park Assist seems to be a little squeaky when beeping but works fine.
Its not a really important thing to fix but sometimes it does get to me and everyone who gets in the car comments about it.
It sounds alot like a budgie is sitting in my boot!

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and if there is any way to fix such an issue?

Thanks for your help.

have you tried putting a cuttle fish bone in your boot for the budgie ? or failing that maybe a new parking speaker if your really fussed :smilie_fische:

brockie99 Feb 5th, 2009 10:20

I was actually wondering if there was something that I could tweak to change the pitch of the unit to stop the squeak.

Has anyone ever tried this?

According to Volvo it is a standard parking assist system and it was fitted as an extra. So there must be a way to tune this noise to be less 'squeaky'. Isn't there?

catch22 Feb 5th, 2009 10:57

Well I've just fitted front and rear electromagnetic parking sensors. http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&h...eature=related And there is no adjustment regards the sound the speakers make, and I doubt there will on yours either. It might be worth giving it a good blow out [the speaker that is] if you can get your lips near to it, could be a bit of fluff stuck in there.

SonicBjork Feb 11th, 2009 16:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by catch22 (Post 458696)
Well I've just fitted front and rear electromagnetic parking sensors. http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&h...eature=related And there is no adjustment regards the sound the speakers make, and I doubt there will on yours either. It might be worth giving it a good blow out [the speaker that is] if you can get your lips near to it, could be a bit of fluff stuck in there.

Hi Catch22

I might have to bend your ear. I am looking into buying an S40 in the near future. I might have a couple of questions re fitting.

Pete

catch22 Feb 11th, 2009 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicBjork (Post 461675)
Hi Catch22

I might have to bend your ear. I am looking into buying an S40 in the near future. I might have a couple of questions re fitting.

Pete

I'll be glad to offer any help I can Pete. I see your not far away, if you fancy a trip out to Skipton market, I can offer you free in town parking [ I'm a stones throw from the canal basin] plus you can see it installed and working.

SonicBjork Feb 12th, 2009 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by catch22 (Post 461757)
I'll be glad to offer any help I can Pete. I see your not far away, if you fancy a trip out to Skipton market, I can offer you free in town parking [ I'm a stones throw from the canal basin] plus you can see it installed and working.

Just sent you a pm

brockie99 Jan 6th, 2010 11:22

Just to let you all know......

As my S40 T5 was still under it's 1 year used car warranty with the garage I bought it off, I took it back to get the parking sensors fixed.

They deteriorated and eventually only worked every so often, so i took them down to my local Volvo and they fixed it all for me under warranty.
They now sound great and work well as I think they upgraded the parts.

The service at Hildenborough Volvo was not that great however. As I had to phone them at the end of the day to find out if my car had been fixed, and their reply was 'yes, it was fixed around about 4 hours ago'. Great, thanks for the notice!!
They also decided to give my car a 'complimentary check', and apparently I was 'desperately low on oil', so they took the liberty to fill it up for me!!

I checked the oil around 2 weeks before and it was fine, and on recent inspection after their 'top up', the oil level was well over the recommended amount.
Thanks alot, so not only did they ram a load of oil in that I didn't really need, they charged me about 18 quid for the 1 litre they put in!!

Not that impressed to say the least!!