Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Disabled Section (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=198)
-   -   XC90 & the mobility scooter (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=215499)

micky1uk Oct 7th, 2014 17:14

XC90 & the mobility scooter

Just a quick one on mobility scooters Well im not a fat person but im a tall person so I would look rather stupid on a tiny take apart boot mobility scooter I used to have a V70 mk3 & a 5ft folding suitcase ramp to enable me to put my rascal 329LE in but I needed more towing weight for an upgrade in are caravan so iv gone for the XC90 now me & my son had a play with my existing 5ft ramps extending them to find out the ideal length to get my scooter to drive up with out grounding the bottom as the scooter wheels land into the boot after a couple of attempts we came up with 7ft so I started my search & put my order in for a new ramp it comes in two parts & both sections fold in half & fit behind the scooter Just in front of the tailgate & we have made two covers for these as not to scratch any thing ps. the seat must come off the 329le & the tiller folded down to achieve this hope this is helpful to disabled XC90 drivers

Mike 700 Oct 7th, 2014 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by micky1uk (Post 1754906)
Just a quick one on mobility scooters Well im not a fat person but im a tall person so I would look rather stupid on a tiny take apart boot mobility scooter I used to have a V70 mk3 & a 5ft folding suitcase ramp to enable me to put my rascal 329LE in but I needed more towing weight for an upgrade in are caravan so iv gone for the XC90 now me & my son had a play with my existing 5ft ramps extending them to find out the ideal length to get my scooter to drive up with out grounding the bottom as the scooter wheels land into the boot after a couple of attempts we came up with 7ft so I started my search & put my order in for a new ramp it comes in two parts & both sections fold in half & fit behind the scooter Just in front of the tailgate & we have made two covers for these as not to scratch any thing ps. the seat must come off the 329le & the tiller folded down to achieve this hope this is helpful to disabled XC90 drivers

Hi there,

I had a lot of info on ramps etc., from a thread in 'The Lounge' and yesterday tried a hoist, on another vehicle, which was absolutely superb, but for £800+ fitted, on top of the price of the scooter, puts the whole thing out of reach of my pocket money, so ramps it is, & soon.

Your experience should do the trick?

Thanks a million.

Mike 700 Jul 13th, 2016 20:24

Whilst in the Channel Islands last week, I tried a fold up scooter , a Pride Quest, which impressed my wife no end, but I wasn't sure if it was big enough
Guess what - she bought me a second hand Quest today, and we will give it a go tomorrow, but there is a downside - no more sitting in the car with the iPad, I will be shopping once more?

Spitfire4 Jul 15th, 2016 11:30

Mrs S has an Invacare SP2 power chair, won't fit in the xc60 too big and heavy so we have a wheelchair that has a suspension to make the ride comfy.

When we go out with the power chair I usually hold the push bar at the back of the seat, but sometimes she forgets I'm there and goes off at a brisk pace and takes me for a 'drag'! We have a laugh when I have to tell her to slow down!

Mike 700 Jul 15th, 2016 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire4 (Post 2140102)
Mrs S has an Invacare SP2 power chair, won't fit in the xc60 too big and heavy so we have a wheelchair that has a suspension to make the ride comfy.

When we go out with the power chair I usually hold the push bar at the back of the seat, but sometimes she forgets I'm there and goes off at a brisk pace and takes me for a 'drag'! We have a laugh when I have to tell her to slow down!

Yeah, I have a 2GoAbility Zoom 4 scooter, which breaks up into 5 pieces, but it's also, too big & too heavy to regularly take in the car, hence the Quest.

Now the challenge is to sell the Zoom!