Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   120 Amazon Meeting Sunday 15th May 2020 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=325163)

Peter Ragg Apr 30th, 2022 16:20

120 Amazon Meeting Sunday 15th May 2020

Southwold - Sunday May 15th

Venue
Pit Stop Café Southwold 10.00 am onwards.

Address
The Common
Southwold
IP18 6TB

All Volvo Models welcome

Steve 940 Apr 30th, 2022 18:10

Looking forward to this from a 940 interloper!
Cheers
Steve

amaz'in May 12th, 2022 15:37

Hi Steve,

I shall be there with my Amazon but had many a 7/940, including 740 GLT 16v, 2x 940 Sports+ edition amongst others so have plenty of banter for those Models.

James

gillberry May 13th, 2022 11:50

Have been keeping an eye on the weather was nice but today shows a bit of rain so keeping fingers crossed it does not happen as nothing worse than wet hairy hounds in a car 🤣

Steve 940 May 13th, 2022 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by gillberry (Post 2824030)
Have been keeping an eye on the weather was nice but today shows a bit of rain so keeping fingers crossed it does not happen as nothing worse than wet hairy hounds in a car 🤣

Yes, I too made the mistake of looking at the forecast a little while ago😀 Should only be the odd shower hopefully, and on the plus side, 'damp hound odour' can only add authenticity to the boot of a Volvo estate......

Just need to decide if I can justify to the better half, to spend a lovely sunny tomorrow trying to clean off all the Sahara dust that has been on my 940 for weeks now😀

Cheers
Steve

gillberry May 13th, 2022 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve 940 (Post 2824038)
Yes, I too made the mistake of looking at the forecast a little while ago😀 Should only be the odd shower hopefully, and on the plus side, 'damp hound odour' can only add authenticity to the boot of a Volvo estate......

Just need to decide if I can justify to the better half, to spend a lovely sunny tomorrow trying to clean off all the Sahara dust that has been on my 940 for weeks now😀

Cheers
Steve

Leave it on and just say it was clean when you left home and got dirty on the drive there 😇

amaz'in May 13th, 2022 16:47

Hi Simon,

I looked at the weather app this morning and it said rain 66% likely for Sunday :confused_smile:however the probability has dropped throughout the day and is currently showing 32% so we can only hope.

If you recall last year threatened to rain all day but held off until the drive home and at least I got within 15 mins of home because it was torrential when it finally started.

James

gillberry May 13th, 2022 16:58

It will be nice as so far every time there has been a meet there have come home with sunburn 🤣

Derek UK May 14th, 2022 12:20

As I write this the weather for Southwold looks to be cloudy/sunny with no rain. Weather for the Southern BKV at Fort Nelson Portsmouth looks as if it will be some rain all day. Being in Chatham I am about half way, 103/120 miles. The later to Southwold. Between the two but I'd decided I would go to the Southern. It's a pity the two events clash. A rainy day makes my V70 a better choice than the Amazon Estate. Have a good day. I will miss the nice breakfast!

gillberry May 14th, 2022 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek UK (Post 2824233)
As I write this the weather for Southwold looks to be cloudy/sunny with no rain. Weather for the Southern BKV at Fort Nelson Portsmouth looks as if it will be some rain all day. Being in Chatham I am about half way, 103/120 miles. The later to Southwold. Between the two but I'd decided I would go to the Southern. It's a pity the two events clash. A rainy day makes my V70 a better choice than the Amazon Estate. Have a good day. I will miss the nice breakfast!

Will miss the yearly catch up, have a nice drive in a modern car