Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   200 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Yea or nay? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=326544)

Moomoo Jul 15th, 2022 11:46

Yea or nay?

There’s a B200 injection system on eBay, manifold, injectors , butterfly , throttle wheel, etc, etc . Maybe a daft question but at £40 is it worth buying as a source of spares or will it suffer from not being used ? 🤔

Bob Meadows Jul 15th, 2022 12:11

I doubt that it has deteriorated in storage:~
These parts are getting fewer so even if not used you can always move it on at some stage.

I have done a similar exercise with a 1988 240 to include manifolds & associated parts- for the price its worth it- also dependant if the car is one to be kept.
Regards
Bob.

Moomoo Jul 15th, 2022 12:35

Thanks Bob, as I do intend to keep my ‘91 , 240, I’m buying stuff as spares. I’ll find out a bit more about what fits what , more specifically. As you say it’s getting less and less.

Cheers.👍

Moomoo Jul 15th, 2022 12:37

He who hesitates is lost……..missed it ! GONE.☹️

Bob Meadows Jul 15th, 2022 13:25

That's a pity, yes sometimes you just have to go for it:~
Its surprising how these things just seem to disappear or get scrapped.
Better luck with the next one.
Regards Bob.

john.wigley Jul 15th, 2022 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moomoo (Post 2834228)
Thanks Bob, as I do intend to keep my ‘91 , 240, I’m buying stuff as spares. I’ll find out a bit more about what fits what , more specifically. As you say it’s getting less and less.

Cheers.👍

I was intending to post this in the 'spotted' section, 'Moomoo', but thought - having just read your post above - to do so here first.

We were exiting the 'gateway to Dovedale' yesterday en route to Carsington and Wirksworth, when we espied a very smart 245 in bright red. Yours, or someone known to you, perhaps, or simply coincidence? We were in the Saab with the top down just after lunch.

Regards, John.

Moomoo Jul 15th, 2022 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by john.wigley (Post 2834248)
I was intending to post this in the 'spotted' section, 'Moomoo', but thought - having just read your post above - to do so here first.

We were exiting the 'gateway to Dovedale' yesterday en route to Carsington and Wirksworth, when we espied a very smart 245 in bright red. Yours, or someone known to you, perhaps, or simply coincidence? We were in the Saab with the top down just after lunch.

Regards, John.

On that road, yes , that would be Baby! 👍

Moomoo Jul 15th, 2022 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Meadows (Post 2834237)
That's a pity, yes sometimes you just have to go for it:~
Its surprising how these things just seem to disappear or get scrapped.
Better luck with the next one.
Regards Bob.

Ta bud! It was a bargain, to be sure,at £40!

Hey-ho.☹️

Clifford Pope Jul 15th, 2022 15:09

On a point of interest, is this identical with one on a B230 engine?

Some, I think the earlier versions (LH 2.4 1 rather than LH 2.4 2, or some variation like that - perhaps LH 2.3 or LH 2.2 ?) are identical but have an additional injector on the underside for starting.
Are these interchangeable - ie will the car still work OK if you just leave the 5th cable unconnected, or the injector not connected to anything?