Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   850 door seals (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=339296)

Chris P Duck Apr 10th, 2024 13:06

850 door seals

Hi all

Recently acquired 850 estate, and I’m identifying a number of issues that’ll need addressing.

I think I might need a new passenger door seal (leaking into footwell - so far ruled out sunroof drains, engine bay/bulkhead drains and heater matrix). I’m wondering if anyone knows where you can get door seals in the uk. I can get one from skandix, but is there a more local supplier?

Otherwise I’ll need to wait until I’ve identified more parts and order them all together from skandix to save on the postage cost.

Cheers

duke1 Apr 11th, 2024 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris P Duck (Post 2944823)
Hi all

Recently acquired 850 estate, and I’m identifying a number of issues that’ll need addressing.

I think I might need a new passenger door seal (leaking into footwell - so far ruled out sunroof drains, engine bay/bulkhead drains and heater matrix). I’m wondering if anyone knows where you can get door seals in the uk. I can get one from skandix, but is there a more local supplier?

Otherwise I’ll need to wait until I’ve identified more parts and order them all together from skandix to save on the postage cost.

Cheers

dont bother with gsf they only list entirely wrong seal and send oddments without packing, just a masking tape label,then refuse return saying its not in the original packaging! if you find any that fits please tell me! universal door seal from amazon sort of fits but also the metal grip part rusts in days.
most common on older 850s is the top of the windscreen leaking,mine was and i had new seal/screen and some special sealer and now is all dry!

Chris P Duck Apr 15th, 2024 20:48

Hi duke1.

I’ve got drips from the top of the passenger door seal, so it’s definitely leaking, although it’s not impossible that I’ve got more than 1 leak. I’ll be taking out the passenger side seat and carpet to dry it, and then test with a hose pipe.

I’ll probably order the door seal from skandix (I’ve had parts for my Saab 900 from them, and they seem ok).

Cheers

4x4 Apr 15th, 2024 21:23

Have you tried Volvo for the seal?

Chris P Duck Apr 15th, 2024 22:24

Hi 4x4

Yes I’ve spoken to Volvo. They can’t help, which surprised me a bit.

Cheers

Baffler Apr 16th, 2024 13:25

If you know of a breaker the same seals are used on S70/V70 up to 2000. Passenger ones are usually in good nick. Try the sales section above for a breaker.

vol Apr 24th, 2024 15:12

98 S70 LHS door seal

Hello Chris P Duck I have a passenger door seal in excellent condition stored years now in my loft came as extras when I bought the car, its located in Dublin

Cheers Vol.

Chris P Duck Apr 25th, 2024 10:51

Hi all

Thanks for the replies.

I got a new one from Skandix in Germany.

Cheers
Chris