Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   Sport Edition Estate Spares or Repair £350 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=176629)

scooters Mar 27th, 2013 21:26

Sport Edition Estate Spares or Repair £350

Our Sport Edition is up for sale, excellent condition inside and out - no rust, full leather - usual sport spec - LSD etc, manual boost control and gauge. In sand silver. Volvo dog guard

Only non Sport Edition change is the alloys are not the galaxys - this is because it has the 7 seat conversion and a full size spare.

Car has 270k on the clock.

I'll get some photos up in the next couple of days.

MOT till the summer (June I think)

tyres etc all good

Mechanically, noisy pulley will need looking at at some point

Lunched it's clutch/DMF at Christmas and currently off the road I have not had the time to repair. FYI _ this isn't the stock 940 part, you'll be looking at around £250 for the clutch kit

£350, come and collect it from West Lothian, taxed till November but at this price the tax will be added if required

Very quick and handles as all Sport Editions should (very un 940!)

Will get some pics up pronto

email me at richard@cmblast.co.uk rather than PM as I will be able to pick up the message on the hoof

rogerthechorister Mar 27th, 2013 21:41

Bits

I'd be interested in the LSD if it really is an LSD - my Sport has not got one - and I'd take the whole back axle even if it isn't (as it probably isn't) a 3.31 - so long as the LSD is good. Or even if it is a locker.

I REALLY need a good front bumper and bumper trims. I can get the painted bits sprayed to match mine (colour code 118 I think - RED). I might be able to manage a back bumper too.

I'd take the cruise control stalk if it has one.

If it has the outside temperature gauge working I'd have all the bits for that.

If the aircon is good I'd have parts for that (for spares for mine).

If you have the turboplus that you removed to fit the MBC lying about I'd take that too, probably.

And if you've done the coolant level mod I'd take the bits for that too.

Petrol flaps AND PINS are always worth collecting

Headlamp wiper bits if working

Wiper arms if non-wobbly.

Is the driver's mirror wobbly? If not I'd be interested even if I had to get it sprayed.

Screenwash nozzles (the later ones are better than earlier ones and I still have one early to convert).

Has yours a motorised driver seat? I might be interested depending on colour.

A black load-cover would be nice. Mine is non-matching.

Oh yes, my WOT switch is iffy. You are not using yours with an MBC but I'd take it on spec.

Is teh manifold gas-tight? I could use a spare 90+

What is the M90 like, or did that get lunched too?

Oh, and the funny locating rods that fit the track control arms - if yours are the right length for 16" wheels (there are three lengths) I might find those handy.

Have you done anything funny to the brakes that I might covet?

I may think of more - or I may not!

Magnumpi Mar 27th, 2013 22:45

Grrrr another bargain thats literally at the other end of the country from me.

GLWTS

minesa240x3 Mar 27th, 2013 23:04

Roger it might just be quicker to buy and use the whole car?
Just a thought after reading your comprehensive list.
Reminded me of a mate who got his landrover and set about changing nearly everything on it.I asked him if I could have all the old bits to rebuild his original one as there was very little that wasn't changed.

I treasure my old broom and it's only had six new heads and nine new handles Lol.

Only joking mate but the price is cheap for a whole sport.
Regards Brian.

rogerthechorister Mar 28th, 2013 07:40

True but

True dat, but it won't drive as it has a cattle-trucked clutch and it sounds as if it's had the dog-dish clutch conversion which will costa plenty for bits to repair, and having it trailered from there will be a nightmare whereas I might be above to get a man with a van to carry the lot for a large but affordable sum. And at 270k miles most of the rest will be worn out...

red baron Mar 28th, 2013 09:26

come on for flips sake, the banger men are buying all the volvo's over here, theres practically none left, don't let the rest of the UK go the same way, at least break the car for parts, probably worth more than 350 if broken, the back axle if it has the 'lsd' is worth 200 alone

rogerthechorister Mar 28th, 2013 09:47

Email

Email sent - I have had an idea about the distance problem...

ian2000t Mar 28th, 2013 14:31

Never actually seen a genuine "LSD" - only G80 lockers (1041), which I'd assume is probably what this car has.

red baron Mar 28th, 2013 16:14

Sorry I meant G80 locker, think it was called a 'snow traction' or some obscure name such as that from volvo, it was an option on lower spec cars. Strangely my ex-hearse 940 has one too

minesa240x3 Mar 28th, 2013 19:55

I too have a locker 1041 fitted to my 740 estate and in snow and mud it works very well.There is a modification that can be done to get it to stay locked longer.A subtle grinding of the inertia weights.The normal ones let go at about 23mph.Ideal for stuffing caravans where you want them when it's muddy and wet.
Regards Brian.