Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Panoramic sunroof (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=269193)

nu11eaf Jun 18th, 2017 13:00

Panoramic sunroof

Went out to my XC90 just now to check audio (see new look sensus thread) and temperature in car was at melting point, so opened windows and sunroof, when finished I could not get the sun roof to close fully, it kept returning to tilt position, I checked for obstructions but all was clear, after a lot of repeat attempts there was a click from the sun roof switch as though something had dislodged and there was more movement in the switch, it then worked normally and it opens and closes okay now, may have a bit of debris floating about in switch.

AndyBG Jun 18th, 2017 15:00

It got suck... :swoon:

steladamo Aug 20th, 2018 13:33

OK I bring back this topic cause I have had a similar experience which in my case did not rectify on its own.

So I was coming back from a nice drive one evening closed the sunroof when I arrived home and since then never opened again.

The switch will only operate the sunshade but it refuses to open the sunroof. At the beginning I thought it might be related to using two different keys and profiles, but this is not the case. Also it cannot be a fuse problem since both the roof and the sunshade use the same fuse (no 20 if not mistaken).

It has to be a problematic switch, since I hear the sound of the command to open the sunroof but no movement is happening.

Has anyone else come across a similar problem?

dgomes May 17th, 2021 21:11

Reviving this post.

I too have been experiencing intermitent malfunction of the sunroof commands on my 2017 XC90 T6 Inscription.

When both roof and shade are closed, most of the time it, upon command to open, it opens the shade about 15cm and tilt opens the roof and then stops. Commanding it again to open further, nothing happens...

Eventually it opens the shade all the way but, upon command, it does not open the roof beyond tilt position...

When it is open, both roof and shade or just the shade, the command always work to close them.

But the open command effectiveness vary... most of the times not working to open the shade further than the 15cm or the roof beyond tilt position...

I took to the dealer and, once there, it would not open at all... Later, at home, I managed to luck out an opening... It has been intermitent...

Their diagnostic was to change the Roller Blind (Part# 39824857)... but I am not confident at all... The part alone is US$700+... and, for some reason, I am suspecting that it is not what will solve the problem...

Have anyone experienced something similar? Did/how did you solve it?

Regards,
Daniel

AndyJudge May 18th, 2021 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by dgomes (Post 2738006)
Reviving this post.

I too have been experiencing intermitent malfunction of the sunroof commands on my 2017 XC90 T6 Inscription.

When both roof and shade are closed, most of the time it, upon command to open, it opens the shade about 15cm and tilt opens the roof and then stops. Commanding it again to open further, nothing happens...

Eventually it opens the shade all the way but, upon command, it does not open the roof beyond tilt position...

When it is open, both roof and shade or just the shade, the command always work to close them.

But the open command effectiveness vary... most of the times not working to open the shade further than the 15cm or the roof beyond tilt position...

I took to the dealer and, once there, it would not open at all... Later, at home, I managed to luck out an opening... It has been intermitent...

Their diagnostic was to change the Roller Blind (Part# 39824857)... but I am not confident at all... The part alone is US$700+... and, for some reason, I am suspecting that it is not what will solve the problem...

Have anyone experienced something similar? Did/how did you solve it?

Regards,
Daniel

That sounds more like a communication issue between whichever module controls the roof, the switch & the motors.