Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Part Exchange Values (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=316748)

Easington May 11th, 2021 13:11

Part Exchange Values

Has anyone else noticed a distinct lack of brand loyalty with main dealers and their part exchange values?

One dealer I've spoken to this morning claimed their offer was a strong one at £6500 then attached a screenshot showing that webuyanycar were £6860

Jokers!

eternal optimist May 11th, 2021 14:25

Had WBAC confirmed that valuation having inspected the car?

Tannaton May 11th, 2021 22:03

I've yet to speak to anyone who sold their car to WBAC and didn't get chipped on the price. Girl at work had a absolutely mint 48k mile Merc E-Class Coupe, they chipped her £200 as she's got cheap tyres on it (not remoulds, not budget, just a lower cost make like Fulda or something.)

Be aware...

Dealers will probably offer lower if they don't want anything to do with it either because of age or mileage - saves them having to wash it and send it to auction.

Cull06 May 11th, 2021 22:25

I’ve used wbac twice. They chipped the price down both times. You have to just accept that they’re going to do that and that the initial price is there to lure you in.

Both times however, the wbac price has still been better than the part ex price. And they have paid the cash promptly.

Hope that’s useful.

jasmith44 May 12th, 2021 00:21

Just found this on F/book MYCARCHECK.COM WBAC valued my car at £1600. They said £3200. this is the link https://www.mycarcheck.com/car_history_check

Kev0607 May 12th, 2021 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easington (Post 2736078)
Has anyone else noticed a distinct lack of brand loyalty with main dealers and their part exchange values?

One dealer I've spoken to this morning claimed their offer was a strong one at £6500 then attached a screenshot showing that webuyanycar were £6860

Jokers!

webuyanycar just gave that figure as an initial valuation, I assume. It sounds great, until you get there to "do the deal" & they start doing the inspection before they actually buy the vehicle. If its raining outside & there's water on the bonnet, they'll knock the price down! Okay, that's an exaggeration, but what I mean is they'll literally knock the valuation price down for the little insignificant things (even more than dealers do!).

Take that figure that webuyanycar "offered" with a pinch of salt. Its highly likely you'll get much less. I've found them to be pretty useless to be honest.

Easington May 12th, 2021 07:52

You're missing the point. I'm disappointed that the dealer thought and said that offering £360 less than (the unconfirmed) WBAC price was a strong bid.

What happened to the margin they have in their car to give an over-allowance on the part ex?

Zebster May 12th, 2021 08:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easington (Post 2736329)
You're missing the point. I'm disappointed that the dealer thought and said that offering £360 less than (the unconfirmed) WBAC price was a strong bid.

What happened to the margin they have in their car to give an over-allowance on the part ex?

So including the unconfirmed WBAC bid (knowing that the final WBAC offer will be well below this) was their way of showing that the Volvo trade-in offer was 'strong'? I suppose I can see the logic of it.

Have you tried to negotiate the trade-in offer?

Bonefishblues May 12th, 2021 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easington (Post 2736329)

It's all about the total cost isn't it? Matters not the PX price if you get a billionty-six quid discount on the car you're buying. Dealers know people are fixated with the value of their own car - maybe you're falling victim to the same thing?

Easington May 12th, 2021 09:10

I've previously worked in the motortrade, every offer from a main dealer is between bottom to average CAP value.

Car has no damage, full Volvo history, 4 x brand new matching Goodyear tyres and Polestar optimisation.

I'm right to expect more I think