Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Anti-skid service required (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=312654)

Pauljude Dec 19th, 2020 10:05

Anti-skid service required

Hi all. I've had this error intermittently for a while now. Its since become a permenant feature on the dash. Any suggestions on where I should start digging? Would a live data stream of the 4 speed sensors show the offending corner? Thanks

05 s60 d5

JoeNinety Dec 19th, 2020 10:23

Yes, you could check the data from the sensors
A visual check of the reluctor rings at the front for rust/damage
A check on the tightness of the driveshaft bolts (behind the Volvo centre cap)

are a few things you could do

Pauljude Dec 19th, 2020 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeNinety (Post 2690519)
Yes, you could check the data from the sensors
A visual check of the reluctor rings at the front for rust/damage
A check on the tightness of the driveshaft bolts (behind the Volvo centre cap)

are a few things you could do

Thanks. I'll make sure the axle bolts are snug then check the readouts. Not looking forward to dropping a leg over christmas but the lack of TC is not an option in this weather.

Pauljude Dec 19th, 2020 13:15

Ok so all the speed sensors are ok but I'm getting ABS0130 brake sensor 1 too low. The live readout on both pressure sensors puts 1 at 16 bar and 2 at -0.7 bar with no pressure on pedal, with pressure applied they both ramp up but the same difference between them exists.

Are these readings normal? Anyone chased this problem before? And does anyone know where the sensors live?

ABS seems to be working fine btw.

Thanks

paddy74 Dec 19th, 2020 14:08

Isn't it BCM-0130? With what are you reading your codes?

Assuming it's BCM-0130 the plugs for the sensors are interchangable. Try and see if the error is moving to the other sensor. If so, it's not the sensor.

More likely, I'd suspect corroded plugs, the sensors are not specifically know for breaking down.

Pauljude Dec 19th, 2020 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by paddy74 (Post 2690560)
Isn't it BCM-0130? With what are you reading your codes?

Assuming it's BCM-0130 the plugs for the sensors are interchangable. Try and see if the error is moving to the other sensor. If so, it's not the sensor.

More likely, I'd suspect corroded plugs, the sensors are not specifically know for breaking down.

I use a CRP129. It says ABS but it's most likely the same. That's good to know that the sensors are interchangeable, thank you for your help

paddy74 Dec 19th, 2020 15:05

OK, then it's BCM-0130. If you look somewhere else, you'll find more info with the correct code. :)

Just to clarify, you don't need to change the sensors, just switch the plugs. :) I had some contact spray for this, that worked great in such circumstances, but I can't remember the name. It was something to "rebuild" corroded plugs. Can't hurt to clean the contacts. :)

purchjohn Dec 19th, 2020 15:17

0130 code

Hi, please can you tell me where the 2 brake fluid pressure sensors are on the car as i cant find them, thanks

paddy74 Dec 20th, 2020 03:32

I can't find a picture unfortunately. :|

On the right side of the engine is the big fuse box. On the left side of this box, a little under it, is the BCM, the hydraulic block and the pump. The hydraulic block is the big metal block with a few (four on one side) small tubes coming out of it. Behind it a little left, there are two of the sensors. They are mounted upwards, the plug is on the under side. They look like this:
https://www.skandix.de/en/spare-part...inder/1027602/

Pauljude Dec 21st, 2020 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by paddy74 (Post 2690570)
OK, then it's BCM-0130. If you look somewhere else, you'll find more info with the correct code. :)

Just to clarify, you don't need to change the sensors, just switch the plugs. :) I had some contact spray for this, that worked great in such circumstances, but I can't remember the name. It was something to "rebuild" corroded plugs. Can't hurt to clean the contacts. :)

Hi, just to update, I gave both sensor plugs a few love taps with the handle of a screwdriver, took the car a drive and the error cleared. Tested traction by doing a burnout in the driveway (its raining) and its working. Readout now shows equal pressure on both sensors. I plan on getting a bit if Dielectric grease for the plug terminals after giving them a scrub, hopefully clears the issue for another while.

Thanks for your assistance