Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   x40 S1 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   yearning for Arcadias (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=155222)

Antz Jun 11th, 2012 09:19

yearning for Arcadias

Ive got a huge yearning for some Arcadias in my life.

Anyone got a set they want to sell? Good useable tyres would be a bonus :)

m1tch1987 Jun 11th, 2012 09:25

What current wheel are you using at the moment? I have a set of Arcadias with good tyres, I am tempted to change them for something different, could do a swap for the right wheels with cash my way?

Antz Jun 11th, 2012 11:58

Im currently on 16" Galacticas with Toyo T1R tyres but all 4 tyres will need replacing soon.

m1tch1987 Jun 11th, 2012 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antz (Post 1183151)
Im currently on 16" Galacticas with Toyo T1R tyres but all 4 tyres will need replacing soon.

Hmm those are tempting, how much tread do you have on them left? Just weighing up options, the fronts on mine are 8k old, both rears are good, one is only a few months old lol Do you have a photo of them fitted? I see you have a sport meaning the same lower suspension as mine.

Antz Jun 11th, 2012 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by m1tch1987 (Post 1183280)
Hmm those are tempting, how much tread do you have on them left? Just weighing up options, the fronts on mine are 8k old, both rears are good, one is only a few months old lol Do you have a photo of them fitted? I see you have a sport meaning the same lower suspension as mine.

Rears are on the limit and fronts arent that far off the limit. I was yearning for some Arcadias as since Ive got to buy tyres for the Galacticas then I was looking at other options as I fancy a change from them even though I do like them.

Ill get a photo of each wheel tonight if I can and one of them fitted to my rather mucky car

m1tch1987 Jun 11th, 2012 18:34

Hmm ok, I will have a think about it, probably easiest to just take photos of the wheels condition, don't worry about trying to get one fitted I will check out google images lol just seeing whats out there really.

Antz Jun 12th, 2012 09:06

Well in sods law fashion I hit a mother of a pothole last night and bent 2 of my Galacticas so Im now running on two borrow ones :(

Can no longer offer swaps as I only have 2 wheels and 2 borroed ones I have to give back at some point haha.

Still want to buy some Arcadias though as its now a good reason to :)

m1tch1987 Jun 12th, 2012 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antz (Post 1183937)
Well in sods law fashion I hit a mother of a pothole last night and bent 2 of my Galacticas so Im now running on two borrow ones :(

Can no longer offer swaps as I only have 2 wheels and 2 borroed ones I have to give back at some point haha.

Still want to buy some Arcadias though as its now a good reason to :)

Wow that is bad luck :( I have a feeling that its potholes that have caused a slight knocking in my suspension on the drivers side as well! Wish there was a hovercraft setting for the Volvo :D

I will let you know whats happening with the Arcadias, still deciding if I am going to swap them or sell them and buy some aftermarket rims, im not even sure how much to sell them for lol

Antz Jun 12th, 2012 11:53

Tell me about it, Im rather annoyed but the council just says "prove it was our fault".

Let me know if you do mate.

m1tch1987 Jun 12th, 2012 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antz (Post 1184024)
Tell me about it, Im rather annoyed but the council just says "prove it was our fault".

Let me know if you do mate.

Was the pothole already flagged up as being there? Lol its as if the council doesn't believe cars use these things called 'roads' where else would you be able to smash up 2 alloys!

I will let you know what happens :) ive just got a big bill for my other car so might have to put the sale/swap on hold but will weigh up some options.