Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   XC60 - rattles/creaks/squeaks ? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=169869)

sabikeuk Jan 3rd, 2013 11:43

XC60 - rattles/creaks/squeaks ?

Hi guys and especially owners of XC60.

I would like to know if you have any rattles/creaks/squeaks in your XC60 (e.g. dashboard rattle, door handle, etc..) and what is the mileage of your car.

Thank you,

Dan

richy2 Jan 3rd, 2013 11:49

26.5k miles on my April 2011 XC60 D5 auto AWD and so far so good, I get the odd 'creak' from the centre console when it's a cold ambient temperature but generally speaking it's rattle free (apart from the stuff I put in the glove box and/or door pockets), not bad as well considering it's the R Design with firmer suspension which I find usually can highlight rattle that bit more.

sabikeuk Jan 3rd, 2013 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by richy2 (Post 1321179)
26.5k miles on my April 2011 XC60 D5 auto AWD and so far so good, I get the odd 'creak' from the centre console when it's a cold ambient temperature but generally speaking it's rattle free (apart from the stuff I put in the glove box and/or door pockets), not bad as well considering it's the R Design with firmer suspension which I find usually can highlight rattle that bit more.

Thanks for reply. Glad to hear you are rattles free ;-). I have been in one XC60 with 17.000 miles on, but when I opened the door from inside, door handle squeaks little bit, It wasn't as solid as I would expect ...:nah:

richy2 Jan 3rd, 2013 13:09

ah ok, maybe depends what you're coming from. It's probably not Audi quality but not far off, one of the best I've owned for sure but that is a long list of Ford, Vauxhall, Subaru, Mitsubishi etc. My only door rattles are definitely stuff in the door pockets, the handles are fine for what I do with them although some of the plastics on the doors are quite hard and scratchy, it doesn't bother me but others have commented.

sabikeuk Jan 3rd, 2013 13:16

yep, I currently own an AUDI A4 but it is 52 reg, 100.000 miles on and no squeak/rattle ... I am very rattles sensitive :-) I was disapointed with door handle squeak (plastic around the handle) when I touched the handle ... it wasn't solid as in my old Audi

richy2 Jan 3rd, 2013 13:25

maybe a Q5 would be better for you if you want a SUV type vehicle and retain the Audi build quality. I had the Q5 and Freelander on my list when I was looking, the Freelander felt the worst quality although they have just been face lifted again, the Q5 probably felt the best but the Volvo design, engine, price, and gearbox won out for my use.

sabikeuk Jan 3rd, 2013 13:36

I am also thinking about Q5, I like it but is is more expensive (second hand). The reason why I like XC60 is design - especialy rear lights. I also like design of an interior...but as I said I don't like squeaks/rattles...

Worthingmike Jan 3rd, 2013 14:16

I have done 42K on some very rough roads in Europe. So far no rattles. I really enjoy this car, best I have had.

sabikeuk Jan 3rd, 2013 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Worthingmike (Post 1321282)
I have done 42K on some very rough roads in Europe. So far no rattles. I really enjoy this car, best I have had.

Thanks for reply. So far there are owners without any rattle and are very happy with a car and then there is another group who is complaining about rattles and issues ...

Just out of curiosity, what cars did you drive before ?

Whiterdesign Jan 3rd, 2013 14:42

Had my car 9 months now and I have been living with a bad rattle from the near side rear quarter, it's even worse when someone sits in the adjacent rear seat. These panels were removed by the dealer, to fit the front parking sensors when these were missed off my order, the parking ecu is fitted in the rear so that's why they were removed.
Snag is nothing else is wrong so I will probably wait until first service in March to get it fixed-though it does drive me up the wall especially when driving down potholey roads.