Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Generic Parts for Sale (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   S80 T6 part-out (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=57844)

foggyjames Sep 4th, 2008 22:35

S80 T6 part-out

I recently bought an S80 T6 rolling shell (i.e. no interior or good panels, but mechanically complete), which I am stripping for the engine.

Available parts include the complete braking system, gearbox (which are known to fail if not well maintained), engine (which I'm debating whether or not to sell...I have no immediate plans for it, but these cars are hard to find), steering setup and full exhaust system.

So...are any S80 mechanical parts required?

cheers

James

davebslater(uk) Sep 4th, 2008 22:49

engine ?

foggyjames Sep 4th, 2008 23:39

Right at the moment it's still for sale. I currently have two offers at £400. Salvo wanted £800 when they last had one.

I bought the car for the engine alone, with a view to either putting it in a 780, a 965/V90, or flogging it to Martin for his S90.

Interested, Mr S?

cheers

James

cumbrianmale Sep 5th, 2008 00:56

Like the sound of a 965 T6.

foggyjames Sep 5th, 2008 01:23

I've had all sorts of naughty, naughty thoughts. A 965 / V90 T6 (manual, to avoid the auto gearbox electronics!) would make an excellent daily driver, while a 780 T6 (perhaps with a 960 front-end swap?) would be...very much drool-worthy. The downside to both of these options is that I can't think of a combination which works neatly. The 960 has the wierd rear suspension which makes it tricky to tighten up the suspension, while the 780 will be LHD. Either way, I strongly suspect custom exhaust manifolds or at least turbos (or a swap to a single turbo...plenty of room in a RWD chassis!) will be required to make it all fit. Either way, not until I've finished my 360 Turbo...

The way I look at it, this is an unusually cheap way for someone to get their hands on a T6 motor ahead of "the great scrapyard rush". If I want one in the future, judging by the way the cars like to fail electronically / gearbox wise, I won't struggle to pick one up in 3-4 years time.

cheers

James

davebslater(uk) Sep 5th, 2008 16:00

interested , but at the moment ive got to resist temptation , ive got nothing to put it in !!

it was with a view of getting the front x member and suspension for a mid engined project - ooooops , there goes my secret .

foggyjames Sep 5th, 2008 18:23

We also have the 850's setup....everything is still there at the moment apart from a gearbox...

cheers

James

Clan Sep 5th, 2008 19:16

i'd be interested in the turbochargers :-) but for transplants into other cars the T5 is a far better bet and more plentiful hence cheaper ..

foggyjames Sep 6th, 2008 12:19

Well I'm not sure the T5 is a better bet as such, but it's certainly cheaper!

The turbos are available. They'll not fit a RWD conversion (as far as we can tell so far), so they may as well go. Do bear in mind though that unless you're using them on a lawnmower engine, they're likely to be comically too small...

cheers

James

Clan Sep 6th, 2008 14:43

Not even enough room in the 960 ? there is an open space idealy situated for the turbos .
I have in mind a 1 litre engine so would be ideal .
Please PM me if for sale , Regards ,..