Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=171)
-   -   V70 1.6d drive wanted (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=328482)

The Goat Oct 26th, 2022 20:06

V70 1.6d drive wanted

Hello

Does anyone know of a V70 1.6drive for sale? I have found a couple on line and missed out on one down the road. The ones online look ok but will require a bit of a drive to look at them..(over 2 hours each way).

Just wondering if anyone was planning on upgrading theirs or knew of someone who was looking to sell.

Anything to look out for on these? Looked at one today and it had a lot of oil from the turbo seeping out and over the gearbox so left it…

Many thanks!

Moomoo Oct 26th, 2022 21:25

Something and nothing, I had mine for six years , 60 reg. bought it with 100k miles three years old.
Trouble free until I retired, my mileage dropped and the dpf didn’t like it much but was on 150k by then. Pattern dpf fitted £280 for that plus fitting then after that limp mode with unspecified fault readings. Much grief, turned out to be fuel filter.
I know many really dislike them , mine was great, while being well used.

Good luck bud!

TeamG Oct 27th, 2022 17:38

I though mine was great too. Took it to over 100k miles with only the DMF going (changed that and the clutch at the time). Sold it with a timing belt kit, which was overdue by then. Check these are done if you look at one with similar mileage.

Mine did like to eat the inside edge of front tyres, despite meticulous tyre pressure and tracking checks. Other than that, no issues at all. My record was Penarth to Salzburg on a tankful with stops on the way that totalled around 1040 miles or so. The fuel light had just come on.

Sold it to my neighbour’s best mate who had a retired Volvo master tech check it over before purchase (as I’d maintained myself for 5 years). His advice was “buy it and don’t bother haggling”.

Moomoo Oct 27th, 2022 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamG (Post 2853397)
I though mine was great too. Took it to over 100k miles with only the DMF going (changed that and the clutch at the time). Sold it with a timing belt kit, which was overdue by then. Check these are done if you look at one with similar mileage.

Mine did like to eat the inside edge of front tyres, despite meticulous tyre pressure and tracking checks. Other than that, no issues at all. My record was Penarth to Salzburg on a tankful with stops on the way that totalled around 1040 miles or so. The fuel light had just come on.

Sold it to my neighbour’s best mate who had a retired Volvo master tech check it over before purchase (as I’d maintained myself for 5 years). His advice was “buy it and don’t bother haggling”.

I had a tyre , outside edge, wear problem too, toed it out a gnat’s, problem went. 👍

Nice to hear you liked yours, I know folk aren’t keen!

TeamG Oct 27th, 2022 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moomoo (Post 2853401)
I had a tyre , outside edge, wear problem too, toed it out a gnat’s, problem went. 👍

Nice to hear you liked yours, I know folk aren’t keen!

It was a case of needs must at the time. Finances weren’t great, but I needed something that could cart the young family and me across Europe regularly with comfort and safety. Can’t remember exactly what I paid, but it was lowish miles and a V70 with enough extras for just over 10 grand at 2 years old. 5 years later, sold it for £4400 with six figure mileage.