Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   2006 V70R for sale (Now SOLD) (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=315655)

HankScorpio Apr 1st, 2021 12:26

2006 V70R for sale (Now SOLD)

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all

To cut a long story short, and although this absolutely breaks my heart, my V70r is now the difference between having a full deposit on a new house or not, so I've decided it's got to go.

It shall be replaced by a slower and much worse condition v70 though so all is not lost.

Jap import so not even the remotest hint of rust. First garage I took it to asked if it was a show car.

72,373 miles. New 4c suspension all round less than 2 years ago. Very good condition. Recent Mot (I'll need to check date) with no advisories and tester stating just how "*<#+ing awesome that motor is"

Sonic Blue with blue leather (never seen another sonic blue one on the road). Auto (has the later 6 speed box). New belts (less than a year)

Here's a YouTube link to the car before I bought it... Nothing has changed other than a new top mount.

https://youtu.be/jUBxhCwFC10

Bad bits, all stuff I was going to sort this summer if I was keeping it. All these have been present since I bought it and haven't really bothered me.
Aircon leak from somewhere (probably condenser), never got round to sorting.
Needs new rear wiper motor (cheap and easy, I keep the car clean anyway so never felt the need to replace). To be honest I haven't even checked the fuse so could be incredibly easy fix
Needs new brake position sensor (£30, very easy fix, would be done if I didn't buy the wrong one)
Needs new stereo as this one is imported. Does come with the dolby amp which looks clean and in perfect condition.

Car is in very, very good condition. I absolutely love it and don't want to sell, but family must come first.

Happy to listen to offers and will take a V70 as part exchange if its any good as I'm looking around the grand mark for a replacement.

I'll get some proper photos and price up soon.

Located in Suffolk, near Bury St Edmunds.

Ripmax Apr 1st, 2021 13:46

What an absolute beauty, shame you have to sell it. Good luck with the sale!

HankScorpio Apr 1st, 2021 14:17

Thanks very much.

Yes, it's stunning. You could have this up to A1 condition in less than a weekend. I've got photos of the underside when I bought it and looked like it had never seen a puddle.

I often take it to an indi volvo garage and he loves it.... None of the bolts are rusted up and he can undo everything with his standard tools.

I'll be really sad to see it go, but the third bedroom in this house is way too small for my youngest, who is growing far too quickly. We need to be out of here by winter.

Brilliant colour combo, I get a lot of people hovering alongside on dual carriageways with their thumbs up and people ask me about it when I park it up.

If you know, you know :teeth_smile:

Existential Crisis Apr 1st, 2021 19:17

Wow that's lovely man, truly lovely

Rich850R Apr 2nd, 2021 05:47

Nothing to PX sorry, what is your asking price

DasonsS60D3 Apr 2nd, 2021 08:39

Absolute beast ❤️

HankScorpio Apr 2nd, 2021 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich850R (Post 2724616)
Nothing to PX sorry, what is your asking price

£xx seems a fair price. Can throw in enough oil and oem parts for next oil change, enough volvo coolant to completely replace. Will chuck in dice and vida for extra £50.

And if I ever find the bloody oil filter wrench I just bought, I'll throw that in too (this is why I still have oil and filters left :shocked:)

Recent new fuel oem fuel filter and full brake fluid flush and replace. No doubt I'll think of something else soon too.

T5R92011 Apr 2nd, 2021 14:46

Sucks having to sell it, but at least you're still going to own a V70. I find these P2 V70 cars very characterful regardless of what engine is powering it.

gl01 Apr 18th, 2021 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by HankScorpio (Post 2724758)
£8,200 seems a fair price. Can throw in enough oil and oem parts for next oil change, enough volvo coolant to completely replace. Will chuck in dice and vida for extra £50.

And if I ever find the bloody oil filter wrench I just bought, I'll throw that in too (this is why I still have oil and filters left :shocked:)

Recent new fuel oem fuel filter and full brake fluid flush and replace. No doubt I'll think of something else soon too.

Is this still for sale? Would have dropped you a message but I don't have enough posts on the forums yet!

HankScorpio Apr 18th, 2021 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by gl01 (Post 2729699)
Is this still for sale? Would have dropped you a message but I don't have enough posts on the forums yet!

Yes it is..... You're just in time, I was planning on taking the photos and placing the add today.... Spent most of the day playing basketball with the kiddy winks instead.

I'll drop you a pm with my number.