Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   XC90 New Order (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=320975)

Dohnut Oct 27th, 2021 23:34

XC90 New Order

Hello

I’ve verbally agreed a price with my local dealer and will be signing the order/finance agreement over the coming weekend. They’ve mentioned paying a £1k deposit now which, I’m presuming, will be deducted from the finance deposit due to be paid nearer collection (probably Mar 22).

This seems high to me, especially as on the dealers own website it mentions cars can be secured for as little as £99.

Did any of you guys have to pay such a large deposit upon ordering?

Thanks

nu11eaf Oct 27th, 2021 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dohnut (Post 2780551)
Hello

I’ve verbally agreed a price with my local dealer and will be signing the order/finance agreement over the coming weekend. They’ve mentioned paying a £1k deposit now which, I’m presuming, will be deducted from the finance deposit due to be paid nearer collection (probably Mar 22).

This seems high to me, especially as on the dealers own website it mentions cars can be secured for as little as £99.

Thanks

Yes, 1k is a normal amount in my experience, and yes it is part of the final price so will be deducted. You have the right to ask to pay a smaller deposit if they will accept it.

techwatcher Oct 28th, 2021 08:32

Yes, it's normal for dealers to request such a deposit for orders on new cars and it will be deducted from the final price

The 'Reserve a vehicle for £99' applies to used cars rather than new and reflects the lower costs of a buyer backing out of a used car deal.

MartinEden Oct 28th, 2021 09:16

Over here, in Luxembourg, I had to pay 10% of the car price when ordering (2 years ago).
Tbh at the time I did not think about negotiating this to a lower value, but next time I will try (not sure what other dealers are using here). I see now that having a lower deposit can be useful in case I might need to cancel/change my order.

Burtenr Oct 28th, 2021 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dohnut (Post 2780551)
Hello

Thanks

£1k is normal.
Before signing, I demanded email confirmation of
1. Agreed price is price protected (except taxation changes)
2. The deposit is fully refundable in cash should I need to cancel the order.
3. The right to cancel the order or reject the car if it arrives with features or options missing and the offered reduction is not acceptable.
Just a little prod - there are significant discounts available to caravan Club members and this Volvo Owners club.

Discoman Oct 28th, 2021 12:34

£1k is fair. A Porsche 911 is £5k and most Ferraris' are £25k!

Dohnut Oct 28th, 2021 15:15

£1k it is then!

Thanks all.

Dohnut Oct 30th, 2021 12:41

Deposit paid and spec finalised. My first Volvo!

XC90 R-Design Pro B5D
Pine Grey
Lounge Pack
360 Camera
Wireless Phone Charger
Towbar

Sticking with the standard Charcoal/Nubuck interior and 22” 5 spoke alloys.

Had originally thought Pebble Grey was the way to go but saw an example of both Pebble and Pine in the showroom and was underwhelmed by Pebble but blown away by Pine (especially in sunlight).

Would’ve loved the Blonde interior to contrast the darker exterior but with three kids it’s just not practical.

Thanks all for all the advice to date!

zakmuh Oct 30th, 2021 17:02

Congrats!

You've proved yourself a wise man by going for a Volvo, especially a XC90

Oop north Nov 1st, 2021 18:01

Interesting - quite close to ordering one myself (T8) and it will be pine grey if I do. Not seen one in the metal but it looks the best colour by a long way. Shame you are making it less exclusive though :regular_smile: