Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Latest Polestar Upgrade Offer (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=318610)

Ulrikas PA Jan 24th, 2022 20:33

Just had mine done for £695 for info, not in Carlisle.

Astraeus May 13th, 2022 20:55

Is anyone aware of any offers?

I took an XC60 for a test drive today and was offered it at £745, which is too rich. I don't fancy blagging negotiations anymore, having chipped a lot off the price, and got my PX up. So was hoping to point to the price elsewhere to get it down to £500s.

Ulrikas PA May 14th, 2022 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulrikas PA (Post 2802429)
Just had mine done for £695 for info, not in Carlisle.

Is it worth spending more to negotiate on ? E.g. You fancy a Polestar upgrade and another years Volvo Selekt warranty, but can't afford both?

Or maybe just spend the going rate on Polestar ? My £695 was in Yorkshire.

TaffyJerseyBean May 14th, 2022 19:19

Google is your friend.

Most dealers have it on “offer” for around £695 but within a couple of minutes I found 3 dealers online* advertising it for £599.

Mailed over screenshots to my dealer and they agreed to price match plus discount by a further 10% as I am having it installed alongside the PDI before I collect.

(*Waterhouse, Johnsons and Stoneacre)

Hope this helps.

Ulrikas PA Jun 1st, 2022 15:42

Polestar Optimisation has 50% off next week :shocked:

But you do have to buy a Volvo Selekt used car:cool:

Cloth Ears Jun 1st, 2022 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulrikas PA (Post 2827135)
Polestar Optimisation has 50% off next week :shocked:

But you do have to buy a Volvo Selekt used car:cool:

I bought one about 2 months ago. Will I qualify?

RDesign4Life Jun 1st, 2022 23:42

Does it really only add 5% power to a D5 XC60? 220bhp to 230bhp?

:speechless-smiley-5

TaffyJerseyBean Jun 2nd, 2022 10:42

Yes but its not just about the power. Its how the engine and gearbox reacts after the upgrade that make the most difference. It feels so much better and more compliant when you need it.

It is down to personal taste though. Some have tried it and wondered what the fuss was about. For me it was money well spent.

XC90Mk1 Jun 2nd, 2022 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaffyJerseyBean (Post 2827245)
Yes but its not just about the power. Its how the engine and gearbox reacts after the upgrade that make the most difference. It feels so much better and more compliant when you need it.

It is down to personal taste though. Some have tried it and wondered what the fuss was about. For me it was money well spent.

You have to be very careful regarding claims on gear changes etc as what you are discussing is SPA cars. I own a non SPA cars and accordingly I have no modes etc in mine, it’s simply drive. I spoke/emailed to Polstar and there is a disclaimer that earlier models don’t benifit from this. When I overviewed it with Polstar mine would have increased torque and power (not a great deal I may add) however it would not alter shift patterns etc.

I think polestar on SPA cars seems to be a whole car driving experience. And their are also modes pre SPA such as the D3 that is taken from 150BHP to 180BHP (significant) but on my 200BHP mode the power increased is 10 and the torque is little.

All Polestar optimisations are not equal.

TaffyJerseyBean Jun 2nd, 2022 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 (Post 2827247)
You have to be very careful regarding claims on gear changes etc as what you are discussing is SPA cars. I own a non SPA cars and accordingly I have no modes etc in mine, it’s simply drive. I spoke/emailed to Polstar and there is a disclaimer that earlier models don’t benifit from this. When I overviewed it with Polstar mine would have increased torque and power (not a great deal I may add) however it would not alter shift patterns etc.

I think polestar on SPA cars seems to be a whole car driving experience. And their are also modes pre SPA such as the D3 that is taken from 150BHP to 180BHP (significant) but on my 200BHP mode the power increased is 10 and the torque is little.

All Polestar optimisations are not equal.

Thanks for the advice but I don’t have to be careful at all. I’m not “claiming” anything. I’m sharing my experience with the upgrade on my car.

If you look at my signature its clear which model I own. My Polestar optimisation is specific to that car. There is also a website (mentioned at length on here) that sets out exactly what the upgrade does to any specific model where it is available.

If there’s anyone on here daft enough to spend £700 of their hard earned money based purely on my post and blind assumption without proper research then they need to have a long hard look at themselves.