Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   google Navigation (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=321644)

gibbs2009 Nov 22nd, 2021 19:41

google Navigation

Hi, new to the forum.....
Have just picked up a new 2022 XC60 Inscription B4 AWD.
Only had it 2 days but the annoyance is the speed limit flashing the wrong limit. On numerous roads it is inaccurate, 30mph its says 50mph, dual carriageways are now 60mph instead of 70mph.
Dealer said its down to google and can't help. Great customer service after 2 days.
Anyone have similar issues?

EssexExile Nov 22nd, 2021 20:45

I use Google maps on my phone and that is usually correct so I can't see Google getting it wrong. On the other hand what else could it be?

The usual response to these things seems to be "it will get sorted in time".

RandolphC Nov 22nd, 2021 22:05

I have had this problem since new 4 months ago. Volvo UK said talk to the dealer the dealer said that there will be an update.
My take on it is that there is little discussion between Volvo and Google and we will wait a long time for an improvement.

gibbs2009 Nov 23rd, 2021 17:48

Its bloody annoying, drive on a dual carriageways and if flashes 60 mph. In 30's it flashes 20's.
Not on all but driving up the A1 to Alnwick I know its 60 yet it says 50, when it goes to dual carriageway it 60.
Also just found out that the driver modes on that were on the one i test drove are not on mine. Only have off-road and that it.
Have complained all you get is read the small print. "Volvo reserve the right to change specification" wish I stuck with my Jag F pace order now.... but that was delayed until March.

Handyandy2 Nov 23rd, 2021 17:53

Yes mines the same. Very annoying. Whatever you do, don’t enable the automatic speed limiter!

Frankiee Nov 23rd, 2021 22:45

Hi - don’t worry about the lack of Drive Modes compared to the one you test drove. My 22MY XC60 drives soo much better than my previous S90 and V90CC. As it now seems to run at full power and with the hybrid assistance it’s really smooth. The Google nav is much much better than the previous Sensus and you don’t have the Sensus ‘black screen of death’ issue anymore. There’s a few niggles but there are gradually being sorted with the updates.

Ian.7878 Nov 24th, 2021 00:06

Hi @gibbs2009 Yep i have the very same issue!
Im also currently having a speed limit issue ( displaying incorrect speed limits for the road being driven) Also now the VOC is totally screwed, Dealership had the car last week for 2 days, did a GPS software update resolved speedlimit issue but screwed VOC, now unable to re-pair phone to car, Car was Factory Defaulted By them again and yep the Speedlimit issue has returned and still VOC wont pair! Waiting for call back from dealer with update from Volvo Technical

Chudy85 Nov 24th, 2021 08:37

Bloody hell when i am reading what you guys are writing good i bought my car with sensus and physical drive mode button

Wizzpop Nov 24th, 2021 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chudy85 (Post 2787657)
Bloody hell when i am reading what you guys are writing good i bought my car with sensus and physical drive mode button

I totally agree. My dealer tried to encourage me to trade my 2019 V60 for a new one. Pleased I didn't, seems the software geeks have been having a field day.

EssexExile Nov 24th, 2021 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chudy85 (Post 2787657)

Never be the first to buy anything - let others test it out first!