Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 Wants (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=190)
-   -   2016 V60cc Music on internal HDD (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=333237)

Clan Jun 8th, 2023 10:34

2016 V60cc Music on internal HDD

My brother has a 2016 xc60 cc The last of the old model..
when he bought it I loaded some music albums onto the HDD in the car and all was fine. You just plugged the USB stick in and there was option to choose a folder and SAVE TO HDD...
Earlier this year I tried to add another album to the SENSUS system but the option to do so has disappeared !! Customer services are useless they wont find out for me what's going on. I can only assume one of the yearly software updates has removed the option.

Has anyone else noticed this ? or have I forgotten something? I just cant find the option in the menu!

innocent2k Jun 10th, 2023 23:01

Any chance you may have exceeded a limit? I think you cannot exceed 10GB, and I'm also wondering if there may actually be a max number of folders you can have there. Never tested this myself.. could it also be that the hard drive has died? (then again, that would also put navigation out of business if the car has that)

Ulrikas PA Jun 11th, 2023 00:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2899471)
My brother has a 2016 xc60 cc The last of the old model..
when he bought it I loaded some music albums onto the HDD in the car and all was fine. You just plugged the USB stick in and there was option to choose a folder and SAVE TO HDD...
Earlier this year I tried to add another album to the SENSUS system but the option to do so has disappeared !! Customer services are useless they wont find out for me what's going on. I can only assume one of the yearly software updates has removed the option.

Has anyone else noticed this ? or have I forgotten something? I just cant find the option in the menu!

Coincidentally I was trying to do exactly the same yesterday. I gave up, but I remember that a year ago I found some instructions on here, so wish I'd printed them off...

Will post when I find them, as it wasn't obvious.

Ulrikas PA Jun 11th, 2023 19:35

Ok, for my 2017MY V60:-

1) ignition on
2) play a current track on the hdd
3) insert usb
4) press media if you need to then still play a current track on hdd
5) press ok on the top right wheel
6) select import music
7) question 're root directory

Worked for me!

Clan Jun 11th, 2023 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ulrikas PA (Post 2900141)
Ok, for my 2017MY V60:-

1) ignition on
2) play a current track on the hdd
3) insert usb
4) press media if you need to then still play a current track on hdd
5) press ok on the top right wheel
6) select import music
7) question 're root directory

Worked for me!

Thanks, I will give it a go 👍

Clan Jun 11th, 2023 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by innocent2k (Post 2900042)
Any chance you may have exceeded a limit? I think you cannot exceed 10GB, and I'm also wondering if there may actually be a max number of folders you can have there. Never tested this myself.. could it also be that the hard drive has died? (then again, that would also put navigation out of business if the car has that)

no, there are only 3 albums on it. NAV works ok.. can you try loading a folder of mp3 songs and see how you get on?

innocent2k Jun 14th, 2023 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2900179)
no, there are only 3 albums on it. NAV works ok.. can you try loading a folder of mp3 songs and see how you get on?

Did you figure it out?
For my MY2016 V60 I selected HDD in media, then an option to import tracks was visible from there, and when choosing it I got the option to import from either CD or USB. Rest of it was pretty self explanatory.

Clan Jun 14th, 2023 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by innocent2k (Post 2900572)
Did you figure it out?
For my MY2016 V60 I selected HDD in media, then an option to import tracks was visible from there, and when choosing it I got the option to import from either CD or USB. Rest of it was pretty self explanatory.

That's what this car used to do ... have you had all the regular yearly service software updates? I believe one of them removed the option.

Ulrikas PA Jun 14th, 2023 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2900573)
That's what this car used to do ... have you had all the regular yearly service software updates? I believe one of them removed the option.

Is it the same with ignition on or off ? Mine has had all the updates and is same model year?

innocent2k Jun 14th, 2023 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2900573)

Impossible to know for sure, but the car have been serviced annually, and if the mechanics did their job it should have all its updates.

In addition, I know the IHU was reinstalled in the process when they swapped out my PHM, as Volvo On Call actually communicates with the unit so I'm fairly sure the IHU has the latest version of the software.