Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Instant mpg readout. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=329048)

100K+ Nov 22nd, 2022 19:18

Instant mpg readout.

V60 phew 2023my.
Can anyone tell me how to show instant mpg as was possible in earlier volvo's. Have found its possible to show journey mpg, but not a constant "instant" figure.
Tia
Cheers Bob

sk546 Nov 22nd, 2022 19:22

I don't believe that instant mpg is available as a display option on AAOS cars. One of many things you just have to accept on new Volvo's compared to older one I'm afraid.

SnineT Nov 22nd, 2022 21:33

Is it not on the steering wheel selector button where you can enable/disable things like the cars mileage and switch to KM's etc and access the 4 options panels for media and phone nav options?

sk546 Nov 22nd, 2022 22:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnineT (Post 2859845)
Is it not on the steering wheel selector button where you can enable/disable things like the cars mileage and switch to KM's etc and access the 4 options panels for media and phone nav options?

I think that's only the options on Sensus, AAOS is different as always.
I will have a look tomorrow but can't remember any of those as options in AAOS along with switching to instant mpg as a display.
However, I hope I'm wrong.

S90 Nov 23rd, 2022 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnineT (Post 2859845)

Nope, all that button does is show you 2 trip read outs. One total, one trip which can be reset.

You cannot have media in driver display anymore, not sure the phone even shows up??

Haldex Nov 23rd, 2022 14:41

I wish someone assembled all the features that are missing from Android Automotive in a list- I seem to be learning of new ones almost daily..

100K+ Nov 24th, 2022 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haldex (Post 2859976)
I wish someone assembled all the features that are missing from Android Automotive in a list- I seem to be learning of new ones almost daily..

…..and sent it to the “great fixer in the sky”.?
It’s really bad when manufactures claim something is an update/improvement and it’s obviously not. Another example of “more” actually being less.
Not impressed on a 50k car..
Cheers n thanks for comments/replies.

Bob

S90 Nov 24th, 2022 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100K+ (Post 2860139)
It’s really bad when manufactures claim something is an update/improvement and it’s obviously not. Another example of “more” actually being less.

Bob

Makes me wonder if anyone does any research before they buy cars these days?? I get you want to gaze at the instant readout of fuel consumption, no idea why, but each to their own.

Manufacturers constantly remove features that market research shows no one uses, but market research is a tiny portion of the buying masses, they cannot please everyone.

Haldex Nov 24th, 2022 13:13

There's a lot to be desired in the current iteration of AA - it's not just about the instant mpg readout.. It is a work-in-progress product- not to say something worse about it.

But I agree with you S90- it has been around for a while on Volvo cars and if anything - a lot of info can be obtained from the owners' feedback on the internet.

Rich850R Nov 25th, 2022 05:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100K+ (Post 2860139)

Bob

Really!? Why would you want instant MPG figures anyway? Hardly first world problems, our MY22 V90 R-Design has a couple of things I’m not not overly impressed with but the positives far outweigh the negatives. Wonderful car, averaging 52mpg in 8 months and having covered 11k already