Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   AAOS 3.03 paused! (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=339685)

Paulxc Apr 28th, 2024 16:08

AAOS 3.03 paused!

Apparently upgrade 3.03 rollout has been paused due to lots of bugs, what a surprise.
Reports of the roadsign recognition system go blank after 50 mph.

Tony Gathercole Apr 28th, 2024 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulxc (Post 2947531)
Apparently upgrade 3.03 rollout has been paused due to lots of bugs, what a surprise.

Was still available yesterday (27 April) as I downloaded and installed 3.0.3 OTA on my MY22 V90. Haven't notice any particular problems with sign recognition yet, but today's journey was a familiar ~20 mile return trip so probably wasn't paying that much attention to the screen.

Fibrous Apr 29th, 2024 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paulxc (Post 2947531)

Can you inform us from where you got this information?

Thanks.

vonRypp Apr 29th, 2024 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fibrous (Post 2947612)
Can you inform us from where you got this information?

Thanks.

There was a screenshot in the Facebook AAOS group from a chat session with a Volvo customer service representative stating this.

Fibrous Apr 29th, 2024 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonRypp (Post 2947614)
There was a screenshot in the Facebook AAOS group from a chat session with a Volvo customer service representative stating this.

UK or other country?
I saw a screenshot from what looked like a Russian on Swedespeed but difficult to know what prompted the message and could easily have been as a result of the install unable to complete due to previous version number as it requested a visit to a Volvo Service Centre.

Volvo UK still seems to offer the update.

Further - Just found one message from a Volvo rep posted on Swedespeed but it suggests the road sign recognition update needs several changes so that was removed, but nothing about the whole update being removed.

vonRypp Apr 29th, 2024 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fibrous (Post 2947616)
UK or other country?
I saw a screenshot from what looked like a Russian on Swedespeed but difficult to know what prompted the message and could easily have been as a result of the install unable to complete due to previous version number as it requested a visit to a Volvo Service Centre.

Volvo UK still seems to offer the update.

No idea...

Fibrous Apr 29th, 2024 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonRypp (Post 2947617)
No idea...

Ah OK, which country has the issue and in what circumstances is key to having facts.

vonRypp Apr 29th, 2024 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fibrous (Post 2947620)
Ah OK, which country has the issue and in what circumstances is key to having facts.

I would assume this is a global issue... The bugs are not country specific.

Fibrous Apr 29th, 2024 11:55

Having installed the 3.03 OTA update to AAOS last night I have just been out for a drive this morning. The only obvious changes are -

The Road Sign Recognition system shows the National Speed Limit sign (here in the UK) whenever you drive past that sign then it disappears in the driver display (and HUD if you have one) 10 seconds later. When driving past an actual Speed Limit sign then it displays that, therefore if you happen to be driving on a part of a road that has no speed limit sign for some length of road you won't see the limit until you do.

The other small matter is the heating defaulted to 22C immediately after loading the new system for the first time so I changed that back to my preference.

Also there is a message app.

Franko1960 Apr 29th, 2024 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fibrous (Post 2947634)
Having installed the 3.03 OTA update to AAOS last night I have just been out for a drive this morning. The only obvious changes are -

The Road Sign Recognition system shows the National Speed Limit sign (here in the UK) whenever you drive past that sign then it disappears in the driver display (and HUD if you have one) 10 seconds later. When driving past an actual Speed Limit sign then it displays that, therefore if you happen to be driving on a part of a road that has no speed limit sign for some length of road you won't see the limit until you do.

The other small matter is the heating defaulted to 22C immediately after loading the new system for the first time so I changed that back to my preference.

Also there is a message app.

I cannot see the countdown distance to a speed camera anymore. I wonder if this was removed?