Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   XC90 - 360 Camera, door open behaviour. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=316809)

Alisdair May 13th, 2021 12:41

XC90 - 360 Camera, door open behaviour.

1 Attachment(s)
In the attached image it appears that one of the 360 view enabling cameras is not working as expected - it's black - and my question is...

Is this expected behavior if you open the door for example to avoid image distortion? I suspect the dealer has the door open, but have been unable to confirm with them at current so thought i'd ask here first.

If its likely busted then i'll move on to the next one on my Autotrader hit list... :shades_smile:

amadan May 13th, 2021 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alisdair (Post 2736716)
In the attached image it appears that one of the 360 view enabling cameras is not working as expected - it's black - and my question is...

Is this expected behavior if you open the door for example to avoid image distortion? I suspect the dealer has the door open, but have been unable to confirm with them at current so thought i'd ask here first.

If its likely busted then i'll move on to the next one on my Autotrader hit list... :shades_smile:

Yes my car does the same - open a door and that camera goes black.

There is however software updates for 360 cameras going blank occasionally - if you’re buying a car from a dealer ensure they do a full update as these SPA cars are full of bugs.

RiccardoPC May 13th, 2021 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alisdair (Post 2736716)

Always had the 360 camera (XC 90 D4 and now XC 90 T8 R design) and always had that. Open a door and that camera will deactivate and go black

Alisdair May 13th, 2021 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by amadan (Post 2736721)
Yes my car does the same - open a door and that camera goes black.

There is however software updates for 360 cameras going blank occasionally - if you’re buying a car from a dealer ensure they do a full update as these SPA cars are full of bugs.

Very helpful, thank you.

Now to go down this rabbit hole:
£27k 2015 225 57K Rdesign (the one the question related to)
£24k 2016 225 76K Momentum
£29K 2017 235 70K Inscription

2015 Rdesign is fully loaded and currently coming out on top for a 5yr ownership vehicle. Only thing that pains me is im coming from a 2014 XC90 and i wanted to hop 2 years younger. But spec. :eek:

met24 May 15th, 2021 10:25

As well as blanking off if the door is open, Sensus will also blank off that part of the image if it thinks the mirror isn't fully extended. I haven't had that problem for a while but it happened the other day, retracting and extending the mirrors has always cleared it for me.