Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Say "A" (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=288710)

Paul Wildsmith Nov 17th, 2018 18:03

Say "A"

I've only just noticed so no idea when it changed, but the nav system now seems to be able to pronounce an "A" correctly (as in "continue on the A4").

Shame we don't still have C (or even D) roads. Any members remember these?

Tresco85 Nov 17th, 2018 18:07

I think ours changed on the last voice control update.

Lexman8 Nov 17th, 2018 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Wildsmith (Post 2467653)
I've only just noticed so no idea when it changed, but the nav system now seems to be able to pronounce an "A" correctly (as in "continue on the A4").

Yep, the last map/voice update fixed it. It used to annoy the hell out of me as a road like the A8 just sounded a garbled mess.

cassell Nov 18th, 2018 16:18

Quote:

My mother always taught me to say "pardon" not "A" Paul! Just joking, yes, this is a welcome update/correction to the sensus sat nav.

Paul

mike95 Nov 19th, 2018 17:51

Quote:

Thanks for heads up on this, Paul.

Just updated mine and it's fantastic to hear the "A" properly. It was really annoying.

Cheers,

Mike

weemark Nov 23rd, 2018 15:03

Updates haven't worked for me - still says 'uh' 😟

Paul Wildsmith Nov 24th, 2018 12:07

no idea if this would make a difference, but have you updated to the September release of the voice recognition system?

nu11eaf Nov 24th, 2018 12:17

If you want to hear a "REALLY" bad voice system try a Ford satnav, its ridiculously bad, I am surpised they allow it in their cars. On a recent trip to Manchester in a Kuga hire car it was a constant form of amusement. It really is a joke.

weemark Nov 24th, 2018 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Wildsmith (Post 2469719)
no idea if this would make a difference, but have you updated to the September release of the voice recognition system?

Yeah I downloaded this to a stick, plugged it into the car USB and the car told me it was already at that version - if it is not sure I understand how! Will try the update again next time I'm out (MY17 XC90 Inscrip Pro btw)

weemark Nov 26th, 2018 22:27

Voice updated installed fine today and the 'uh' has gone - seems like I had a dodgy connection in one USB port, swapped the stick to the other and updated fine