Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Diesel Engines (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Cam belt 😭😭😭😭 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=316596)

Guppies10 May 6th, 2021 04:52

Cam belt 😭😭😭😭
 
Hi I have a 2015 XC60 2.4 auto AWD with only
36000 miles looks like aux belt has gone taken out cambelt awaiting garage to remove. Head what damage can I expect is this a known issue ??

Clan May 6th, 2021 06:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guppies10 (Post 2734636)
Hi I have a 2015 XC60 2.4 auto AWD with only
36000 miles looks like aux belt has gone taken out cambelt awaiting garage to remove. Head what damage can I expect is this a known issue ??

aux belt must be changed at 54000 miles ..lets hear the report of what they find caused it ..

eternal optimist May 6th, 2021 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2734638)
aux belt must be changed at 54000 miles ..lets hear the report of what they find caused it ..

54,000 miles or five years?

Kev0607 May 6th, 2021 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by eternal optimist (Post 2734655)
54,000 miles or five years?

Yep, whichever comes first!

Clan May 6th, 2021 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev0607 (Post 2734786)
Yep, whichever comes first!

no 54000 miles , it is the MILEAGE which is important * or 10 years which ever comes first ...

* = Its the severe jerks when the engine first fires which stresses the belt not the age of the belt ..

XC90Mk1 May 6th, 2021 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guppies10 (Post 2734636)
Hi I have a 2015 XC60 2.4 auto AWD with only
36000 miles looks like aux belt has gone taken out cambelt awaiting garage to remove. Head what damage can I expect is this a known issue ??

It is an interference fit engine so sadly if the belt has snapped I would expect big bills. The head will maybe have belt valves and if the valves have smashed the pistons then itís probably reconditioned engine timeZ

Not what you want to hear no doubt, sorry.

Kev0607 May 6th, 2021 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clan (Post 2734802)
no 54000 miles , it is the MILEAGE which is important * or 10 years which ever comes first ...

* = Its the severe jerks when the engine first fires which stresses the belt not the age of the belt ..

I thought the cam belt was 10 years, not the aux belt ?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:06.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.