Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Volvo Car Press Releases (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   JLS (apparently they can sing) and Volvo (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=140339)

Ninja59 Dec 5th, 2011 12:18

JLS (apparently they can sing) and Volvo

http://www.rybrook.co.uk/volvo/news/jls-drive-volvo

Quote:

JLS : DRIVEN BY VOLVO - IN THEIR LATEST MUSIC VIDEO ‘DO YOU FEEL WHAT I FEEL?'

Volvo Car UK has teamed up with JLS, one of the UK's biggest boybands, in their newest music video ‘Do You Feel What I Feel?'. Their latest single is the third to be released from their recent album, ‘Jukebox', which is on sale now. JLS hit the charts after coming runners up on The X Factor and haven't looked back since. With their debut album going four times platinum and their second album having sold over 600,000 copies, the group's third album will be a sure fire hit.

Arranged through Seesaw Media, Volvo's entertainment agency, the partnership with the group sees them behind the wheel of three Volvos - the C30, the S60 and the XC60, all stars from The Twilight Saga of films and with all three finished off in Volvo's sports inspired R-Design trim.

Commenting on their collaboration with Volvo, JLS said, "We're really excited to have Volvo partner with us on our latest video for ‘Do You Feel What I Feel?'. The cars were swagged out, especially the white XC60. Its siiick!"

"Having JLS driving Volvos in the latest video is a great way of exposing our products to audiences who wouldn't ordinarily see them", said Duncan Forrester, Head of Public Affairs, Events and Sponsorship at Volvo Car UK. "I'm really pleased that JLS have chosen Volvo as their first car partner and it follows in the footsteps of work we've previously done with Hard Rock Calling, Snowbombing, V Festival, T in the Park and Wireless, as well as supplying cars to acts such as Dizzee Rascal and Professor Green."

Fans of Volvo's Official Facebook page (www.facebook.com/insidevolvouk) will be amongst the first to see the new video when it goes live on Friday 25th November. Facebook fans will also be able to see behind the scenes footage of the making of the video, while Twitter followers (www.twitter.com/insidevolvouk) will soon be able to win exclusively signed copies of JLS's latest album ‘Jukebox'.

With Volvo's home being in Sweden, to add to the Scandinavian influence, four times Swedish Grammy Awards Nominee Marcus Lundin, was given the job of directing the video shoot.
hmm sorry i just wanted throw up at the thought tbh...

t5_monkey Dec 5th, 2011 15:25

I'm gonna rush out and buy one!

It's lame... but i bet it sells Volvos to people who might not have bought one previously.

Volvo2002 Dec 5th, 2011 17:25

"We're really excited to have Volvo partner with us on our latest video for ‘Do You Feel What I Feel?'. The cars were swagged out, especially the white XC60. Its siiick!"

_____

why does this not fit with Volvo? I understand wanting to appeal to a wider audience but volvo where doing fine with their image. Maybe this will be a good thing but I just never thought I'd see the day that Volvo and JLS partnered.

GMad Dec 5th, 2011 20:40

Good on JLS:thumbs_up:
Maybe people will stop asking me why I'm not wearing beige and smelling of p1ss and biscuits, when I'm down the pub now?

TJMurphy Dec 6th, 2011 08:47

Brand Tarts, they were in the last Mercedes magazine talking about their Merc van to get them between gigs!!

JamesV70R Dec 6th, 2011 09:51

They clearly aren't doing THAT well if they can get all of their stuff between venues in a Merc Sprinter Van!!!

Rammstein use 10 Artics ....

.... JUST for the Pyrotecnics!!

Nemesis Dec 6th, 2011 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by t5_monkey (Post 1041029)
I'm gonna rush out and buy one!

It's lame... but i bet it sells Volvos to people who might not have bought one previously.

Who? 13 year old girls

fenton_jd Dec 7th, 2011 22:12

Volvo are trying too hard.

They need to physically MAKE cars for their target audience.
The C30 did that brilliantly.

C30 audience - Young Men and Women with a decent salary.
S40 audience - Young Men and Women who wanted a premium badge, which wasnt german.
V50 - Rep car.
S60 (old) - Grandad's safe reliable car/ criminal busting T5 police car.
S60 (new) - In R-Design form, a real aggressive 3 series/ A4 alternative.

What the hell are they going to achieve by putting JLS in S60's and XC60s?????

Thats like BMW putting Lee Nelson in a 7 Series for a marketing campaign.

GMad Dec 7th, 2011 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenton_jd (Post 1042781)
S60 (old) - Grandad's safe reliable car/ criminal busting T5 police car.

You forgot, industrial engineer who requires supreme comfort on his way to and from work, but also owns a superbike and a muscle car:thumbs_up:

t5_monkey Dec 7th, 2011 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis (Post 1042083)
Who? 13 year old girls

yes in 4 years time except a lot of 17 year old girls learning to drive in C30's :)