Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=173)
-   -   Has anyone got a D5 exec or SE for sale? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=120776)

sigane Mar 30th, 2011 19:19

Has anyone got a D5 exec or SE for sale?

Hi,

I'm on a bit of a limited budget and have a mission to buy a decent XC90 for under £7500 for the good lady wife. I'm new on here and wondered if anyone could help. I live in Gloucestershire but am willing to travel.

Cheers,

Si

Banzai Mar 30th, 2011 20:12

Hi and welcome to the forum.

For that price, I would be very suprised if you find a decent Exec, no knowledge of the SE so no comment.

If you are really on a budget, the XC90 may not be the car for you to be honest.

I have only owned mine for about 6 months but I'm already in for new tyres (obv. knew this at time of purchase) wheel bearings and only today a Xenon bulb failure warning (£120 - 200 at a dealer I read on here today).

They are not cheap cars to run or maintain, how does <23 MPG around town sound?

I filled up from a very low level today for more than £86!!!

t5hull Mar 30th, 2011 20:41

get your self on autotrader there are xc90's within your budget on there. have to agree with the other comment that they are not cheap cars to maintain or run so be prepared and for your money you are looking at a milage above 100k. having said all the negative stuff i would have one if i were in the market for buying, nice cars.

sigane Mar 30th, 2011 20:53

Cheers for those comments and I have already looked on Autotrader. Just wondered what else was around. Mileage isn't a major issue and mpg is pretty bad on our C70 cabrio too so we're used to it!!
Oh well I'll keep on looking......

Mike 700 Apr 2nd, 2011 00:11

XC 90 for sale

Quote:

Originally Posted by sigane (Post 874911)
Hi,

I'm on a bit of a limited budget and have a mission to buy a decent XC90 for under £7500 for the good lady wife. I'm new on here and wondered if anyone could help. I live in Gloucestershire but am willing to travel.

Cheers,

Si

Hey Hey,

I am picking up an XC60 in early May, so I must sell my XC90 SE 2005 54 plate with 128,000 miles on the clock - I have owned it since Nov 2008 and done 83,000 plus miles myself without a problem - however, I am now suffering a bit of ill health and need something smaller to manoeuver , and the XC60 seems to fit the bill. I used to own an XC70 Se Lux from new, and did 124,000 miles in that in 3 years.

I am copying some of the advert that I am about to put in Autotrader, just for your information, and I am looking for £8000 for the car - the Volvo dealers have offered me £7 to £7500 depending on what I spend with them , Glass's guide says £6500 to £8500 selling to a dealer and around £10,000 for a private sale -have a look , no obligation, it might suit you , by the way I get around 34 -35 mpg now that I am not working and only drive short hops, previously got 40 -42 on a daily round trip of 90 miles plus business trips . I live in Newbury in Berkshire, so not too far from you.

''4x4, Diesel, Geartronic ,129,500 miles ruby red pearl - arena leather upholstery, Leather multi function Steering Wheel, Autodimming Rear View Mirror, B Pillar Ventilation, climate control and separate heating/ventilation for driver and front seat passenger, Cruise Control, Front Fog Lights, , Height Adjustable Front Seats – driver’s is electric, Audio System with front loading 6 disc autochanger, Electric Folding and Heated Door Mirrors with puddle lights, Information Centre, Load Cover, Rain Sensor wipers, Rear Park Assist, Rear Wash/Wipe, Spacesaver Spare Wheel, Towbar, Bluetooth hands free kit. Heated front seats and headlamp washers, centre child booster seat in second row, service history, bills available – recently serviced and MOT until December . Volvo sidesteps.''

740T Apr 7th, 2011 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike woodhouse (Post 876647)
Hey Hey,

I am picking up an XC60 in early May, so I must sell my XC90 SE 2005 54 plate with 128,000 miles on the clock - I have owned it since Nov 2008 and done 83,000 plus miles myself without a problem - however, I am now suffering a bit of ill health and need something smaller to manoeuver , and the XC60 seems to fit the bill. I used to own an XC70 Se Lux from new, and did 124,000 miles in that in 3 years.

I am copying some of the advert that I am about to put in Autotrader, just for your information, and I am looking for £8000 for the car - the Volvo dealers have offered me £7 to £7500 depending on what I spend with them , Glass's guide says £6500 to £8500 selling to a dealer and around £10,000 for a private sale -have a look , no obligation, it might suit you , by the way I get around 34 -35 mpg now that I am not working and only drive short hops, previously got 40 -42 on a daily round trip of 90 miles plus business trips . I live in Newbury in Berkshire, so not too far from you.

''4x4, Diesel, Geartronic ,129,500 miles ruby red pearl - arena leather upholstery, Leather multi function Steering Wheel, Autodimming Rear View Mirror, B Pillar Ventilation, climate control and separate heating/ventilation for driver and front seat passenger, Cruise Control, Front Fog Lights, , Height Adjustable Front Seats – driver’s is electric, Audio System with front loading 6 disc autochanger, Electric Folding and Heated Door Mirrors with puddle lights, Information Centre, Load Cover, Rain Sensor wipers, Rear Park Assist, Rear Wash/Wipe, Spacesaver Spare Wheel, Towbar, Bluetooth hands free kit. Heated front seats and headlamp washers, centre child booster seat in second row, service history, bills available – recently serviced and MOT until December . Volvo sidesteps.''

Do you have any pictures?

Mike 700 Apr 7th, 2011 23:47

xc 90 for sale.

I'll try and put some on the system tomorrow. Regards.

Mike 700 Apr 15th, 2011 10:28

Sorry about delay, will put pictures on today.

Mike 700 Apr 19th, 2011 11:12

XC90 for sale

4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 33154

Attachment 33155

Attachment 33156

Attachment 33157

XC90Virgin Apr 28th, 2011 10:58

Very nice colour. :thumbs_up: Beats the crap out of the 'dull' silver of mine.