Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Performance Volvo Cars (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Titan Alloys (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=10181)

AndyF Apr 15th, 2002 19:46

Titan Alloys

Hi Guys,
I'll have to admit I've been a little careless, I've managed to kerb my lovely Titan Alloys. I think I'm still trying to park my old Saab which was a bit narrower ! I've only removed a bit of the coating not chunks of the wheel (yet). Can anyone recommend what I should use to touch in the paint / coating. They look awful with bare allow showing.

Thanks,

Andy F.

'95 Yellow T5-R Saloon

Mike Clift Apr 16th, 2002 07:57

RE: Titan Alloys

Andy

I'd phone the dealer and ask who they get to refurb the alloys, then phone them and see what they use.

I think my dealer said it's about £40 a wheel so might even be worth getting a pro job done.

mike

Simon Linton Apr 16th, 2002 08:25

If they're Anthracite, you'll have to make up some paint with metallic silver and metallic grey, since Volvo don't do a touch-up stick in that shade.

You may find anthracite in someone else's range, I managed to get some from a visiting dent/scratch removal van.

If they're silver, just sand them down with 1000 grade and repaint until (sadly) the next time.

I park on the central white line....

AndyF Apr 17th, 2002 22:31

Thanks guys, I'll try the DIY option first. If that doesn't work I'll let the pro's fix that too !

Andy

'95 Yellow T5-R Saloon

ALANT5RBEAL Apr 18th, 2002 18:32

Hi Simon
I also try to park on the white line but even then I still manage to scuff the wheels ,As aclub could we not get some touch up paint made up.With regard to getting the wheels refurbished I have up
Spit and Polish (south london) but cannot recomend them they were good but not any more
Cheers Alan

duncan hancox Apr 18th, 2002 19:34

i had mine repainted near Bury, Manchester
cost about £30 per wheel - but the paint was still quite soft when i fitted the tyres so it marked at bit.

they do look fantastic though and they matched the colour to the originals really well.

ash Apr 22nd, 2002 12:44

Hi Andy

don't want to seem cheeky, but if you want to sell ur alloys, in the condition they are in, i'm willing to buy them of you.

cheers

ash

AndyF Apr 22nd, 2002 14:34

Bloomin' Cheek !!

Only joking. I think I'll persevere with the wheels, the car wouldn't be the same without them.

Andy F

'95 Yellow T5-R Saloon

ash Apr 23rd, 2002 08:34

Ur probably right, especially if its an R.....
i don't know where in the country u are, but here in brum, theres a compnay called wheelmania, who can refurb the alloys for about £40 a wheel. They can restore some messed up wheels to look like new....

Best of Luck

Ash

p.s if u do decide u want to sell em.......:-)

doorman Apr 30th, 2002 22:51

On the subject of repairing damaged alloy's, my V70 'R' AWD has minor kerbing damage but no dealer can seem to match the unusual colour of Silver Bright. Any one got a solution.

Dave