Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC40 '18> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=205)
-   -   XC40 'easy' exit & personal profiles (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=305192)

andybjackson Apr 10th, 2020 20:36

XC40 'easy' exit & personal profiles

Has anyone figured out exactly how the 'easy' exit mechanism works exactly.

For me, it seem to have a mind of its own. It randomly does or doesn't:
  • squash the legs of the passenger behind, or
  • crush the shopping I put in the footwell, and
  • makes it hard to keep my foot on the brake, and
  • because is raises the seat & I'm tall, forces me to duck to get out

I'd love to disable it, or at least change the parameters (lower not raise, don't go so far back).

Then also, what is the relationship between the personal profiles selected by the key, and the seat profiles selected by the memory buttons 1 & 2? I have stored my settings under both, but only the button seems reliably to set the seat to the positions I like.

Thanks in anticipation of your help. Great car, I'm delighted, but just want to iron out this niggle.

andybjackson Jun 13th, 2020 08:56

Class, ..., class, ..., anyone, ..., Bueller?

andybjackson Feb 2nd, 2021 01:20

andybjackson May 25th, 2021 20:35

Networkguy May 31st, 2021 11:26

I don't see an option for easy exit on the XC40 anywhere. Where are you looking?

As for the profiles, I assume you have each profile assigned to a BLACK key and not the Orange Restricted Care Key (which doesn't support personalised profiles)

andybjackson Sep 21st, 2021 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Networkguy (Post 2741604)
I don't see an option for easy exit on the XC40 anywhere. Where are you looking?

As for the profiles, I assume you have each profile assigned to a BLACK key and not the Orange Restricted Care Key (which doesn't support personalised profiles)

Neither do I hence my question. I have looked everywhere, but can't change the behaviour I experience and tried to describe. I am indeed talking about the Black not the Orange key(s).

Ilovelifts Oct 15th, 2021 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by andybjackson (Post 2772413)
Neither do I hence my question. I have looked everywhere, but can't change the behaviour I experience and tried to describe. I am indeed talking about the Black not the Orange key(s).

So, as I understand it, easy access/exit relates to the drivers seat going a long way back to allow a more comfortable entry and exit from the car. I didn’t think the XC40 had such a function. This is reserved for models further up the food chain - XC60 & XC90.

The key fob profile saves a lot of information. Seat position, mirror position, radio stations, AC settings, temperature settings, drive mode settings, city safety settings and more. The seat memory buttons relate to the seats and mirrors only so if the wife gets in with the husbands key fob (because she’s picked the wrong fob) a press of a seat button would be required to get her seat position correct (presuming she’s saved it to No2). Every other setting would remain set to the fob profile.

So, if you wanted to have easy entry that badly, could you not set seat position No2 to your absolute perfect driving position but set seat position No1 to all the way back and save that to the fob.
Then when you unlock the car with fob, the seat will move to its most extreme back position to allow easy entry. Once in, a press of the No2 button would take the seat to your driving position. Obviously, to then have an easy exit from the car, you will have to press seat button No2.

This would cause issues if you share the care with someone but this may be the only way to get the function you require.