Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Red Triangle warning light. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=325109)

100K+ Apr 27th, 2022 21:59

Red Triangle warning light.

A couple of weeks ago I thought I saw a flicker of a red light on the LHS of the analogue instrument cluster of my 2015 V70 D5. It was so brief I was unsure what I saw. Today as I was spiritedly taking a RH turn on a small roundabout It ( I assume it is the same) flashed up again for 1 second, not longer. - a red triangle. No other symbol in the cluster illuminated, no message appeared, (even briefly) just this red triangle.
During the reminder of the journey the light only made a reappearance once, requiring some provocation from me. I did find references to this triangle in the hand book, but they refer to "messages" which I don't have.
I have checked engine oil - ok
Coolant - OK
Hydraulic fluid - ok

As it occurred while turning I thought central fugal forces might be playing havoc with fluid levels, if a bit low - but they are all good.

Vida/Dice has only Two codes stored - an on going a very occasional over boost issue I have, and a algorithm fault to do with the tyre pressures, which oddly erroneously flashed up on the way home there are no other stored DTC's, so what ever is going on VIDA don't appear to care.

Has this red triangle ( its on the LHS of the cluster half way up the eco gauge) ever appeared to anyone, and what was it flagging up, which I have missed.??

Cheers
Bob

100K+ Apr 28th, 2022 08:21

Please can one of the mods remove my above post as I posted to the wrong section.
Sorry to waste peoples time
Cheers Bob.

Moomoo Apr 28th, 2022 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100K+ (Post 2821433)
A couple of weeks ago I thought I saw a flicker of a red light on the LHS of the analogue instrument cluster of my 2015 V70 D5. It was so brief I was unsure what I saw. Today as I was spiritedly taking a RH turn on a small roundabout It ( I assume it is the same) flashed up again for 1 second, not longer. - a red triangle. No other symbol in the cluster illuminated, no message appeared, (even briefly) just this red triangle.
During the reminder of the journey the light only made a reappearance once, requiring some provocation from me. I did find references to this triangle in the hand book, but they refer to "messages" which I don't have.
I have checked engine oil - ok
Coolant - OK
Hydraulic fluid - ok

As it occurred while turning I thought central fugal forces might be playing havoc with fluid levels, if a bit low - but they are all good.

Vida/Dice has only Two codes stored - an on going a very occasional over boost issue I have, and a algorithm fault to do with the tyre pressures, which oddly erroneously flashed up on the way home there are no other stored DTC's, so what ever is going on VIDA don't appear to care.

Has this red triangle ( its on the LHS of the cluster half way up the eco gauge) ever appeared to anyone, and what was it flagging up, which I have missed.??

Cheers
Bob

I’m trying to think what else is affected by turning other than fluids!

Brake pads???

Whyman Apr 28th, 2022 09:51

My thoughts are coolant level a bit low. Had this on mine exactly as you have described.

S60RDesign Apr 29th, 2022 21:39

Yes I had this for coolant once when under braking - after a top up haven’t seen it again