Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   760 estate - free to good home! (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=318241)

mikeetee Jul 9th, 2021 13:08

760 estate - free to good home!

Hi everyone.

Thanks for adding me to the forum!

I have a 1989 G plate 760 turbo estate that needs to go to a new home. It's been in the family for 20+ years with only one owner before that. I have a file of paperwork going back to the original bill of sale.

She was used regularly until about 8yrs ago and has stood on the drive since. She still starts and drives. I've been hoping to get her back on the road but time and funds are both too short.

She doesn't have an MOT and will need work to pass one, as you'd expect. As far as I'm aware, the work includes:

- suspected slight blow at the exhaust manifold
- one rear shock absorber
- corrosion to the battery tray
- headlining's sagged a bit

It's dry inside and always has been and the tan leather interior is in lovely condition. Last time she was started she ran well, no misfires or smoke. Other than a couple of age-related issues, the exterior is also in good condition. She has a shade over 160k on the clock.

The reason I'm offering her for nothing on the owners forum is because I know she needs work but more importantly I want her to go to a good home. I've been offered money for her but I don't want to see the old girl with a load of ladders on the top and the boot full of tins of paint looking unloved in 6 months! All I ask is that if you take her, it's to bring her back, not break her for parts - I could do that myself and make some money too, but she's too good for that!!

She's in Weston super Mare and will need to be collected on a trailer for obvious reasons! I'm happy to answer questions or provide pics to anyone who might be interested. I'm hoping someone can save her from the Volvo dealer in the sky!

Thanks,
Mike

360beast Jul 9th, 2021 13:19

I'll take it! Ill send a pm :)

AllHailKingVolvo Jul 9th, 2021 13:44

Oh lord, if I could trailer it away I would have jumped on this! Glad Luke is giving it a good home though 🙂

360beast Jul 9th, 2021 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllHailKingVolvo (Post 2751852)
Oh lord, if I could trailer it away I would have jumped on this! Glad Luke is giving it a good home though 🙂

Thanks Phil :) I've sent my number and email address so hopefully i will be able to get it. The welder has had a couple of months off so time to dust it off haha, perfect excuse to sort out these battery trays I'm hoping to start making.

827Roverman Jul 10th, 2021 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by 360beast (Post 2751895)
Thanks Phil :) I've sent my number and email address so hopefully i will be able to get it. The welder has had a couple of months off so time to dust it off haha, perfect excuse to sort out these battery trays I'm hoping to start making.

Looking forward to another of your projects with lots of photo's, no doubt you will show some when you get it, good luck with it, David.

360beast Jul 12th, 2021 16:23

I haven't heard anything back yet gents.

mikeetee Jul 19th, 2021 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by 360beast (Post 2752812)
I haven't heard anything back yet gents.

Sorry all - been crazy busy and for some reason I can't reply to any of the PMs! Something to do with not submitting enough posts?!?

360beast got there first - I'll whatsapp you some pics as requested and we can go from there?

360beast Jul 19th, 2021 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeetee (Post 2754720)
Sorry all - been crazy busy and for some reason I can't reply to any of the PMs! Something to do with not submitting enough posts?!?

360beast got there first - I'll whatsapp you some pics as requested and we can go from there?

Thanks Mike yes please!

AllHailKingVolvo Jul 21st, 2021 13:43

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it Luke!

360beast Jul 21st, 2021 17:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllHailKingVolvo (Post 2755374)
Looking forward to seeing what you do with it Luke!

Pictures received, looks gorgeous!!! I will be doing all the required work for an MOT and welding it up. After that I might have to see how much classic car insurance is for it as my 360 will hopefully be gone soon so I'll have space for another car 😁