Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=176)
-   -   1990 Volvo 740 GLT estate for sale (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=326110)

Peterquest Jun 20th, 2022 16:30

1990 Volvo 740 GLT estate for sale

Superb Volvo needs new owner! Excellent 740 Estate suitable for daily use or weekend events.
Volvo 740GLT. G790 UUV.
First registered 14/02/1990.
Model: Estate. 2316cc. Petrol 16 valve. Auto. Grey.
Acquired - 13/06/2015
New speedo purchased August 2016, fitted October.
Mileage on old speedo - 28,868 (old speedo available). Stopped working in 2016
Very little travelled while speedo not working (difficult to keep to speed limits) - say 250. Mileage on new speedo - 4888
Approximate total mileage 33,579.
Overall condition reflects the estimated mileage with no rust and very clean underneath. Some minor bumper and bodywork blemishes but paintwork original and very good. Excellent internal condition, headlining would benefit from cleaning round sun roof. Runs as it should. Excellent tyres and battery.
Purchased originally from Volvo Mayfair and kept in same household since 1992 until I purchased it in 2016. Possibly Taylor Woodrow Property Ltd. company car before that to judge by original Volvo Careline card. Mileage cannot be verified but according to MOT was extremely low in the few years before I purchased it (less than 1000 miles between 2012 and 2015).
Heated seats, air-conditioning, power steering, electric seat adjustment, electric front and rear windows, headlamp wiper/washers, electric mirrors, electric sun roof, Volvo radio, cassette and graphic equaliser, Scorpion alarm (not activated) and Volvo original car phone. Plus usual Volvo heating, lighting and so on.
Owner’s manual including cassette, travel guide, etc, in original cover. Also bills/MOTs available for inspection from my ownership.
I have been unable to post photos here but will email photos if you give me a ring.

Yours Peter
01480 380735

Steve 940 Jun 20th, 2022 16:47

Hi Peterquest,

Thanks for your post, any guideline as to amount you're looking for this???

Cheers
Steve

Peterquest Jun 20th, 2022 17:19

Hi Steve.
Dealers seem to be £8k for low milers (but not as low as this) but the local auction house recommends a guide price of £5 to 7k. I think they see it as a collectors car for those wanting this model though I bought it to use. (Then my wife said it was too good for that!) I am open to offers, it will go to auction if I'm disappointed.
Yours Peter

griston64 Jun 20th, 2022 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peterquest (Post 2830252)
Hi Steve.
Dealers seem to be £8k for low milers (but not as low as this) but the local auction house recommends a guide price of £5 to 7k. I think they see it as a collectors car for those wanting this model though I bought it to use. (Then my wife said it was too good for that!) I am open to offers, it will go to auction if I'm disappointed.
Yours Peter

So am I right in saying you are looking for 6k ?

KR

Mark

Peterquest Jun 21st, 2022 07:54

I don't have the expertise to value a car like this so will first see what gets offered from VOC members. It would be good to have a VOC member looking after it.
However, on the face of it, yes, it looks as if the auction expect + or - £6k which is a fall back for me.

Clan Jun 21st, 2022 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peterquest (Post 2830312)
I don't have the expertise to value a car like this so will first see what gets offered from VOC members. It would be good to have a VOC member looking after it.
However, on the face of it, yes, it looks as if the auction expect + or - £6k which is a fall back for me.

you have the very rare desirable 16v engine so it should command more than any other comparable 940.

Peterquest Jun 21st, 2022 14:50

Thanks for that, Clan.
Yours Peter

Clan Jun 21st, 2022 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peterquest (Post 2830379)
Thanks for that, Clan.
Yours Peter

you are welcome , I used to live in Helston and did the floral dance :-)

XC90Mk1 Jun 21st, 2022 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peterquest (Post 2830312)

There is a separate thread on here reviewing sale prices etc. just bear in mind massive amount of late 90 Volvos on at 6.5-8k and they are listed for in excess of 2 years.

Yours may well be worth it but a lot of vehicles advertised are on line in perpetuity….

Clan Jun 21st, 2022 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 (Post 2830405)
There is a separate thread on here reviewing sale prices etc. just bear in mind massive amount of late 90 Volvos on at 6.5-8k and they are listed for in excess of 2 years.

Yours may well be worth it but a lot of vehicles advertised are on line in perpetuity….

This one is special , it will get a lot of interest due to the engine alone.