Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Brimfull's 2009 V50 T5 SE R-Design (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=315326)

Brimfull Mar 21st, 2021 10:35

Brimfull's 2009 V50 T5 SE R-Design

6 Attachment(s)
A few snaps of my newly acquired T5, I spent yesterday restoring the headlights due to clouding over.

I then gave her a wash using Powermaxed Shampoo followed by a coat of Auto-Glym Super resin polish (not my personnel favorite but the only polish I have that is suitable for light-colored paint) and finally topped up with some Chemical Guys butter-wet wax.

Only found a handful of marks that need some touching up so will hopefully get around next week in getting some quotes to have the marks sorted out.

Overall not bad for a 12-year-old car with close to 140k miles on the clock.

Attachment 134226

Attachment 134227

Attachment 134228

Attachment 134229

Attachment 134230

Attachment 134231

Welton Mar 22nd, 2021 17:49

Looks nice pal, glad you finally found one!

Brimfull Mar 22nd, 2021 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welton (Post 2721143)
Looks nice pal, glad you finally found one!

Cheers mate, when I started looking I didn't realise how far and few between the V50 T5 are.

Markos01 Mar 23rd, 2021 12:03

That bonnet fitment looks a bit off? :tounge_smile:

Looks good I think, very good for a 12yr old car, and that engine is pretty special :regular_smile: At some point I'd get a new R Design badge for the grille and maybe redo the wheels in a lighter shade (personal pref) but that aside looks a lovely motor and hope it serves you well :cool:

Brimfull Mar 23rd, 2021 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markos01 (Post 2721355)
That bonnet fitment looks a bit off? :tounge_smile:

Looks good I think, very good for a 12yr old car, and that engine is pretty special :regular_smile: At some point I'd get a new R Design badge for the grille and maybe redo the wheels in a lighter shade (personal pref) but that aside looks a lovely motor and hope it serves you well :cool:

The R design badge looks ok in the flesh although on the photo the blue of the R does look a bit faded.

The gunmetal grey wheels are here to stay I am afraid as Silver wheels on a silver car look too bland and I have never been a fan of black wheels on any colour car so this colour is good compromise for me.

I am hoping to keep this car for a while as its a bit of a memory of my old man as he was big Volvo fan and loved his T5 although he stopped buying Volvo after his S70R.

andy_d Mar 23rd, 2021 20:01

looked good (while the pics were there)

and was the bonnet open when you snapped the pics ,, or is it as mark suggest a little odd in its alignment ?

Brimfull Mar 24th, 2021 06:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_d (Post 2721530)
looked good (while the pics were there)

and was the bonnet open when you snapped the pics ,, or is it as mark suggest a little odd in its alignment ?

Not sure why the pictures are no longer available as I have not done anything to them.

The bonnet was unlocked when I took the picture that's why it is sitting a little high :teeth_smile::teeth_smile::teeth_smile:

Brimfull Mar 26th, 2021 12:35

2 Attachment(s)
Sorted out my first little repair job this morning, previous owner had by the look of things tried to remove the mirror glass in order to replace a blown blub and was a little heavy-handed with the glass.

Second-hand sun visor purchased and the mirror glass slowly and very carefully extracted.

New bulb and replacement mirror fitted to the existing visor.

Attachment 134315

Attachment 134316

Welton Mar 26th, 2021 12:55

Hello! :teeth_smile:

Nice satisfying repair there!

Hows the headlining condition in your V50?

Brimfull Mar 26th, 2021 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Welton (Post 2722468)
Hello! :teeth_smile:

Nice satisfying repair there!

Hows the headlining condition in your V50?

The headlining is spot on, with no marks stains, or sagging.

The boot is spotless I don't think it's been used much.

I have replaced the front washer jets as the driver-side one was missing most of the window and as they are the fan type of spray which I believe cannot be adjusted. The ones I bought cost £5 off eBay and to be honest they are awful, so I have just ordered a pair of genuine Volvo ones for £27!!!!