Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Vodafone 100GB SIM not working (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=297482)

XC90TANK Aug 10th, 2019 17:41

Vodafone 100GB SIM not working

Hi all,

I collected my MY20 XC90 R Design last week (loving it!) and the dealer installed the new SIM from Vodafone. They couldn’t get it working on handover and unfortunately it still isn’t working. Has anyone else managed to get this working? I have tried changing the APN to the standard Vodafone one but no internet access. The SIM is recognised by the car but won’t allow data to be used.

Thanks.

nu11eaf Aug 10th, 2019 17:48

Take the car back to dealership, its their responsibility to sort it out,

soupytwister Aug 11th, 2019 22:22

.....just in case.

My SIM has been working fine in the car for 2 years, and then it stopped allowing internet access last week. The SIM is recognised ok. I know there's plenty of data on it as can check online. I've pulled it out, and shoved it back in :)

So be interested if you get anything back from the dealer as I'm wondering if at all there's some general kind of problem. If there was, I'd expect there'd be much more noise on the forum though...

XC90TANK Aug 12th, 2019 07:56

I am popping into my dealer on Tuesday for them to fix it, though they didn’t sound confident on the phone.

Diggerv70 Aug 12th, 2019 08:32

Our dealer set it up when we took delivery (2 weeks ago) not had a problem since

XC90TANK Aug 12th, 2019 15:30

Digger- can you post what the APN settings are please? It is in connections, modem, data from memory.

MtillingVolvo Aug 12th, 2019 16:03

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

They can be a bit temperamental to get up and running, but find attached the full instructions. The first 2 pages should be done by the dealer, and then should just be a case of the customer following page 3....

Kind Regards

Marc

Diggerv70 Aug 12th, 2019 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by XC90TANK (Post 2544124)
Digger- can you post what the APN settings are please? It is in connections, modem, data from memory.

Let me know if you still want this - my wife is the driver so I wont have access till Weds

XC90TANK Aug 12th, 2019 18:14

Thanks Marc! I was never given the first part that Volvo should do so never had the APN info and couldn’t get anyone at Volvo to email it. I have now just done the first page of steps and it all works.. :teeth_smile: I have been trying to get this to work for days..

MtillingVolvo Aug 12th, 2019 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by XC90TANK (Post 2544170)
Thanks Marc! I was never given the first part that Volvo should do so never had the APN info and couldn’t get anyone at Volvo to email it. I have now just done the first page of steps and it all works.. :teeth_smile: I have been trying to get this to work for days..

You are welcome and glad it's working now!