Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   XC90 '02–'15 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   2011 XC90 D5 Executive (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=97754)

jeffo Jun 10th, 2010 20:34

2011 XC90 D5 Executive

3 Attachment(s)
This car is the dogs nuts!

jeffo Jun 10th, 2010 20:35

2 Attachment(s)
I've never seen an engine so clean.

jeffo Jun 10th, 2010 20:38

3 Attachment(s)
Love the interior too

welshlad Jun 10th, 2010 20:45

Looks fantastic! Can't wait for my Exec to arrive in 20 days time now. I'm having the same interior as you, but Black on the outside. Running boards look good.

More pics please! :)

jeffo Jun 10th, 2010 20:49

11 Attachment(s)
Heres a few more

ITServe Jun 10th, 2010 21:17

Identical to mine - GORGEOUS isn't it :))

Got mine beginning of April :)

jeffo Jun 10th, 2010 21:24

5 Attachment(s)
TV is really Cool!

Britsud Jun 10th, 2010 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffo (Post 685551)
This car is the dogs nuts!

Sweet ,lovely motor,probably the best colour for the exec,good choice. Now get some milage on her and enjoy the ride,:thumbs_up:

NewVolvo Jun 10th, 2010 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffo (Post 685570)
Heres a few more

That looks lovely!! :thumbs_up:

I see you have the heated & cooled seats. The heated switch button I can see, but where is the cooling function???

uncle997 Jun 10th, 2010 22:15

Jeffo.

Very nice car mate .Iam colecting mini from Rybrook Chester on Saturday.
Looking at the white van in the back ground of one of your pics it seems that we dont live to far away judging by the addy and phone number on it .

Maybe we could start a 2011 xc90 club on the wirral .I will look out for you on the road .

Enjoy it it looks absolutely the dogs b----cks!!!!!!!!!.

LRS Jun 10th, 2010 22:39

It’s great to see your deliveries coming through. ENJOY!

Found out today that my supposed pick up for this Sat is very unlikely to happen now as they have no idea where my car is! Probably fallen off the slow boat from China that it's f**ing sailing on… Very disappointed with Volvo – not my dealer as he is also P***ed off, with their complete inability to manage car shipment logistics.

Now it will have to sit in the dealer compound for 2 weeks getting dented and scratched before I can pick it up following my holiday return. There may be a good deal to be had on this car if I end up having to reject it due to damage incurred over the next two weeks with it sitting in their yard. I used to work in the trade and know that a brand new car left too long in a dealer compound will inevitably end up with damage.

Next time I’m afraid it’s back to BMW where customer expectations actually mean something…

uncle997 Jun 10th, 2010 23:28

I was given good feed back from my dealer and they seemed to always be able to track my car for me and update me where it was on its journey to the dealer .

Good luck with it and may be they could valet it on arrival and put it in the show room and lock it up for you to keep it safe.

XC90 Dave Jun 11th, 2010 08:57

I got my XC90 on the day the dealer promised, cherished plate and all. From my experience Volvo do not give false dates but generally improve on the initial confirmed delivery. I suspect your dealer is trying to make extra profit by releasing your car to enhance his sales figures within a particular month/sales period.

chunderground Jun 11th, 2010 10:19

Great car : take the family out and make the most of it loadsa car for the money !

gkcgary Jun 11th, 2010 12:06

Jeffo, It looks fantastic!! Cant wait for mine now. How does the TV work? is this standard with the RSE package? if not how much extra is it to have this functionality?

Enjoy!!!

LRS Jun 11th, 2010 12:29

The car has now actually arrived and is being PDI’d…!

The dealer is “pulling a rabbit out of the hat” in getting it all ready for collection tomorrow morning.

Top marks to my dealer :thumbs_up:

Zero marks to Volvo logistics:thumbs_down:

irishcarfan Jun 11th, 2010 16:09

nice car!

Big Stew Jun 12th, 2010 07:57

That looks great,love the interior. Are you happy with the Oyster Grey? as I remember you tried to swap to black but was too late to do so. Ours is the same as your and we love the colour. Enjoy it ,it looks fantastic.

GW55JAN Jun 12th, 2010 12:18

Very nice vehicle, congratulations enjoy the moment

The Painter Jun 12th, 2010 15:26

Looking very nice, hope you enjoy it.

Did the side steps come complete with the pads or were they extra ?

jeffo Jun 13th, 2010 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Stew (Post 686255)
That looks great,love the interior. Are you happy with the Oyster Grey? as I remember you tried to swap to black but was too late to do so. Ours is the same as your and we love the colour. Enjoy it ,it looks fantastic.

I tried to change to Black and the dealer told me the car had gone "fixed" so couldnt be changed. Thank God! I LOVE the grey. It is so classy and goes well with the beige leather. There are so many Black SUVs on the road. Grey and Beige is the best!!!

AyrshireXC90 Jun 13th, 2010 20:59

Oyster grey is lovely, and not too common! Our interior is calcite. We chose our colour and interior without having seen it in the flesh, and are still delighted a year down the line. Enjoy!

scrambler Jun 14th, 2010 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffo (Post 687069)
I tried to change to Black and the dealer told me the car had gone "fixed" so couldnt be changed. Thank God! I LOVE the grey. It is so classy and goes well with the beige leather. There are so many Black SUVs on the road. Grey and Beige is the best!!!

No, black is the best. definitely sapphire black.;)

Bathurst Jun 14th, 2010 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrambler (Post 687492)
No, black is the best. definitely sapphire black.;)

Agree definitely sapphire black suits the XC90 shape the best, however white has also grown on me (with tints).

I think Jeffo's colour is rare and a nice change from the norm.

T.

jeffo Jun 14th, 2010 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bathurst (Post 687514)
Agree definitely sapphire black suits the XC90 shape the best, however white has also grown on me (with tints).

I think Jeffo's colour is rare and a nice change from the norm.

T.

Lets face it...there isn't really a colour combination that looks BAD for the XC90. It is such a presence commanding vehicle.

...and...I got to use the AWD this weekend....I parked on Grass! WooHoo!

gkcgary Jun 14th, 2010 10:53

Hi Jeffo, How does the TV work? is this standard with the RSE package? if not how much extra is it to have this functionality?

jeffo Jun 14th, 2010 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkcgary (Post 687549)
Hi Jeffo, How does the TV work? is this standard with the RSE package? if not how much extra is it to have this functionality?

The TV was £425 on top of the £1360 for the RSE. I know this is more expensive than aftermarket options, but I liked the DVD player in the armrest, and getting everything there and ready to go when the car was delivered.

I think the TV is very good. It is Digital FreeView, and found 125 channels last time I did a scan. THere is a card slot in the rear of the car that can take a card for subscription services but I don't know what that entails.

...I just like to be able to watch the News from the back seat of my car. If I could make one improvement it would be to get the TV on my sat nav screen though. I wish they'd done that.

gkcgary Jun 14th, 2010 14:02

Thanks Jeffo

AB-UK Jun 16th, 2010 08:05

Had my new car since Saturday - its beautiful!
However, the sound system gives me some concern.

With Fader set to the middle, there is very little sound out of the rear speakers (seats 3 4 & 5). I can correct this by adjusting the Fader to 80% rear, and increaing the volume level to 75% or so. But should I have to do that?

Does this indicate a problem (incorrect amplifier setup perhaps?) and is it something I can correct?

This was not the case on my previous XC90 with Premium Souind - Fader in the middle meant equal sound front and rear.

Beavis Jun 16th, 2010 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by AB-UK (Post 688721)
Had my new car since Saturday - its beautiful!
However, the sound system gives me some concern.

With Fader set to the middle, there is very little sound out of the rear speakers (seats 3 4 & 5). I can correct this by adjusting the Fader to 80% rear, and increaing the volume level to 75% or so. But should I have to do that?

Does this indicate a problem (incorrect amplifier setup perhaps?) and is it something I can correct?

This was not the case on my previous XC90 with Premium Souind - Fader in the middle meant equal sound front and rear.

have you got it set to dolby surround? if this is the case, most sound should come from the front (like a tv set i think). try turning it off, and see if it makes any difference.

Pepi1677 Jan 14th, 2011 15:55

I have been huming and aring over colour, I have an XC70 in that colour and I like it but was not sure if it suited the 90, I now know it does, car looks great. Thanks