Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   200 Series Sales (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   1989 240 estate breaking. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=143040)

LankyTim Jan 13th, 2012 19:41

1989 240 estate breaking.

Hi Gang,

The 240 estate I bought for spares for my roadgoing 240 has supplied me with a load of parts needed to keep my estate on the road. Unfortunately the donor 240 is on my inlaws drive and will need to go within the next few months.

The shell has already been sold but most other bits are for sale.

Does anybody have any requests for parts?

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...m/DSCI1163.jpg

Hodge Jan 13th, 2012 20:08

Door pockets.

Just on the off chance you have a couple of intact door pockets plus fittings?

LankyTim Jan 13th, 2012 20:16

Ha, sorry, no- theyre both cracked. It was one of the first things I checked!

ratgreen Jan 13th, 2012 20:41

does it happen to have central locking?

LankyTim Jan 13th, 2012 21:00

Yes it does.

fidel Jan 13th, 2012 21:05

Hi Tim,

Has it got electric wing mirrors?? If so I am after one for the drivers side if it will fit a '93' SE. Also looking for a working nearside headlight wiper motor.

Cheers

Andy

Antz Jan 13th, 2012 22:31

How about the boot carpet that covers the drivers rear. The upright parts not the base (near the vent) thats not had the clips torn out or is bent? Think mines dark blue/black?

Plastic square interior clock surround (not the blank)

Got either of them? :)

Fridazadilak Jan 13th, 2012 22:32

Hey mate,

Does it have the power steering pump bracket that secures it to the engine? If so, how much posted?

Also, is the nearside taillight in good condition?

Dan

LankyTim Jan 13th, 2012 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by fidel (Post 1067949)
Hi Tim,

Has it got electric wing mirrors?? If so I am after one for the drivers side if it will fit a '93' SE. Also looking for a working nearside headlight wiper motor.

Cheers

Andy

I think one of the mirrors is electric, i'll have to check. The state of the wiper motors will also need to be checked too!

£20 posted any good if they are both working?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antz (Post 1068043)
How about the boot carpet that covers the drivers rear. The upright parts not the base (near the vent) thats not had the clips torn out or is bent? Think mines dark blue/black?

Plastic square interior clock surround (not the blank)

Got either of them? :)

The boot carpets are sold I think, but the interior is all black anyway so maybe no good to you?

I have the surround for the clock though. Yours for the cost of postage, say £2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fridazadilak (Post 1068046)
Hey mate,

Does it have the power steering pump bracket that secures it to the engine? If so, how much posted?

Also, is the nearside taillight in good condition?

Dan

Yes it does have the bracket, the N/S tail light is Ok but has a slight crack IIRC. I'll have to check on that one too!

If its a good lamp does £15 posted for both items sound OK?

Volvon Jan 14th, 2012 01:24

rev counter going cheap?

Michael J Jan 14th, 2012 07:53

Small clock in good condition and working order?

fidel Jan 14th, 2012 11:59

Hi Tim,

If you can check that would be great and as for the price, sounds good to me.

Cheers

Andy

robert dev Jan 14th, 2012 16:18

Driver's seat condition please? Thanks.

Fridazadilak Jan 14th, 2012 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by LankyTim (Post 1068129)
Yes it does have the bracket, the N/S tail light is Ok but has a slight crack IIRC. I'll have to check on that one too!

If its a good lamp does £15 posted for both items sound OK?

Yeah that sounds great, let me know if the lamp is intact, I'm not urgent for one so if it is cracked I'll just take the bracket!

jonah Jan 14th, 2012 17:01

I'll add the o/s tail light to my parts request if it's in good nick Tim?

Should be free tomorrow if that suits you?

LankyTim Jan 15th, 2012 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by robert dev (Post 1068473)
Driver's seat condition please? Thanks.

Not great I think, its a tan colour and the rest of the interior is black.

LankyTim Jan 15th, 2012 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volvon (Post 1068155)
rev counter going cheap?

Does the rev-counter come out of the instrument cluster? Tenner for the whole cluster plus postage to where ever you are sound OK?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael J (Post 1068190)
Small clock in good condition and working order?

I inspected the clock today and it doesn't appear to work. Sorry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fidel (Post 1068306)
Hi Tim,

If you can check that would be great and as for the price, sounds good to me.

Cheers

Andy

Checked today and its only the passenger side mirror thats electric i'm afraid. Good news though- the drivers headlamp wiper motor works fine. Tenner delivered OK? I'll beable to remove it next weekend as I ran out of time today.

Michael J Jan 15th, 2012 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by LankyTim (Post 1069543)
Does the rev-counter come out of the instrument cluster?

Yes, it does (undo the bolts holding it in at the back and work it up'n'out from the cluster), but then you have to be careful not to damage the pointer when sending it...

Quote:

I inspected the clock today and it doesn't appear to work. Sorry.
Boo hoo. :(

fidel Jan 16th, 2012 20:41

Hi Tim,

Never mind about the wing mirror, however I did want the passenger side headlight wiper motor not the drivers side. So if that one is working, great!! Also do you know if the fuel sender gauge is a good working one?? If so do you if it will fit mine "93"?? If so I would like that.

Cheers

Andy

LankyTim Jan 16th, 2012 20:47

Hi. sorry ues, my mistake, its the passenger side thats working. However drivers side is working too!

I don't know if the fuel sender is working, as there is no fuel in the tank. I don't know if it would fit a 93 model either i'm afraid! I have aready spotted a number of detail differences with the fixtures and fittings compared to my 1992 model.

volvo always Jan 16th, 2012 22:55

Hi, Do you have a good working windscreen wiper stalk for my 1989 GLT estate as well as the washer pumps?

How much including postage to southern Ireland?

Thanks. James:thumbs_up:

Beetledrive Jan 16th, 2012 23:04

Hi Tim

I am hoping it has the early style tailgate. If so I would be interested in a price (incl post) for the plastic cover on the back of the high level brake light (asuming it's still there, not broken, and black)

Thanks

Volvon Jan 17th, 2012 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by LankyTim (Post 1069543)
Does the rev-counter come out of the instrument cluster? Tenner for the whole cluster plus postage to where ever you are sound OK?

Yep comes out, should be fine with a bit of bubble wrap round it. It would be a waste getting the whole cluster as it would go in the bin due to me being in kms. Cheers

LankyTim Jan 17th, 2012 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by volvo always (Post 1070826)
Hi, Do you have a good working windscreen wiper stalk for my 1989 GLT estate as well as the washer pumps?

How much including postage to southern Ireland?

Thanks. James:thumbs_up:

Fiver for the stalk, plus postage... I'll have to check.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beetledrive (Post 1070831)
Hi Tim

I am hoping it has the early style tailgate. If so I would be interested in a price (incl post) for the plastic cover on the back of the high level brake light (asuming it's still there, not broken, and black)

Thanks

Sorry, its the later style one! I think the early ones are dying out fast!

Fridazadilak Jan 19th, 2012 18:20

Tim, the light and power steering pump bracket arrived today, very well packaged and a lot sooner than I had imagined! Thanks a lot, I would recommend you to anyone that's after parts!

Dan

LankyTim Jan 19th, 2012 21:47

Glad you like the stuff, Dan!

Antz Jan 19th, 2012 23:41

clock cover arrived t'other day Tim! Cheers mate.

DJS Jan 22nd, 2012 18:22

Hi Tim,

Thanks for sorting the seats out, the bulbs, cuppa and cake.

The serivce doesn't get any better than that.

Cheers mate,

Darren.

LankyTim Jan 22nd, 2012 21:12

Great meeting you both! For a while there was three red 240 estates at the inlaws house! What a glorious sight!

The 240 is looking a bit sorry for itself now. I have thrown away all the random bits of plastic and carpet I don't need and have removed the passenger doors. The front one will be bolted straight onto mine to replace the exisiting door which looks like its been attacked by a midget with a toffee hammer, the rear one will sacrifice its electric window gubbins, or I may just bolt it straight on complete, which looks like it would be alot quicker!

DJS Jan 22nd, 2012 21:15

It was a beautiful site.

Remember to drop by for cake and coffee if you are over this way.

Darren and Karen.

AceHigh86 Jan 25th, 2012 12:16

Hi Tim,

Dan (Fridizadilak) recommended asking you about some interior parts, I'm after a full set of door cards if there still in reasonable condition.

Thanks

Lee

LankyTim Jan 25th, 2012 15:04

Sorry, I have already thrown the drivers one away, still have the passenger one though. I need the rears for my electric window conversion but the ones on my road car will become available soon- they will have holes for the window winders. If you want them you can have them for nowt!

AceHigh86 Jan 25th, 2012 19:55

cheers Tim, I'll have whatever you got when you get round to sorting yours out, how much do you reckon they'd cost to post / courier?

greekcheeks Jan 25th, 2012 21:25

do you still have both front brake calipers?

LankyTim Jan 25th, 2012 22:53

Sorry I want to keep the calipers all for myself!

I recon it would cost about a tenner to courier the door cards. Would you want all the fixings/handles too?

AceHigh86 Jan 26th, 2012 09:19

Yeah, if possible, i have the rear window winders already but need pretty much everything else i think.

Fridazadilak Jan 26th, 2012 13:50

Tim... if Lee is having a parcel down here I don't suppose there would be any chance of nabbing the steering wheel as well? Or would that be too much of a pain for moving it etc?

LankyTim Jan 26th, 2012 19:23

I could use a pair of mole grips or something to move it about, the problem is I dont have a socket deep enough to get the nut off, plus the centre horn push fell victim to the big clean up I did the other day where all the random loose bits of plastic and rubbish ended up in the bin!

If you are still interested i'll do my best to get the nut off somehow.

Fridazadilak Jan 26th, 2012 19:42

That would be perfect if you could get the wheel off...I have a mountney wheel that I need to modify a volvo wheel to make it fit, but would prefer to do it to a spare wheel as opposed to my stock one. I won't need the horn push...just the metal gubbins from inside the actual wheel. Lee got his off without a deep socket by putting a spanner on the back side of the wheel...if you can!

Lee also asked if you have the bonnet catch that is in the slam panel, the one on his is knackered!

Cheers!

LankyTim Jan 26th, 2012 19:49

Ok, i'll make a list of parts for next time I go down.