Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Trader's Offers & Discounts (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Adrian Flux Insurance Services – 15% discount for Volvo Club (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=161489)

Montana Dec 22nd, 2018 23:07

My renewal is due in Jan - not had the renewal price confirmed in writing but on the phone i was told it verbally, over £100 increase on last year! Currently looking around and have found it £130 cheaper already...

abdiel Dec 23rd, 2018 19:14

Car Insurance

Crikey! I was going to give them a go this time around but I think I shall give them a miss now.

DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX Dec 24th, 2018 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Montana (Post 2478478)
My renewal is due in Jan - not had the renewal price confirmed in writing but on the phone i was told it verbally, over £100 increase on last year! Currently looking around and have found it £130 cheaper already...

Sorry to hear that Montana, once you're satisfied you've found the best price elsewhere do let us know as we can go back to the insurer on your behalf and check whether they're able to offer anything more competitive for you. Hope that helps.

Kind regards
Dan.

c13amb Dec 24th, 2018 21:09

Just renewed for the 2nd year running on my C70..by far better excess totals compared to others and price matched a slightly cheaper quote from Chris Knott😊£290 all in on 8k mileage protected etc!! Im happy👍

DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX Dec 27th, 2018 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by c13amb (Post 2478966)
Just renewed for the 2nd year running on my C70..by far better excess totals compared to others and price matched a slightly cheaper quote from Chris Knott😊£290 all in on 8k mileage protected etc!! Im happy👍

Hi.
Glad we could help out for another year with your insurance.
Regards,
Dan.

Montana Dec 30th, 2018 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX (Post 2478823)
Sorry to hear that Montana, once you're satisfied you've found the best price elsewhere do let us know as we can go back to the insurer on your behalf and check whether they're able to offer anything more competitive for you. Hope that helps.

Kind regards
Dan.

Yes, after a bit of back and forth you ended up matching the price I found elsewhere. Happy with that. No so happy hadn't I played the game you would have happily taken £130 extra from me. That's a frustration directed at the insurance industry as a whole and not specific to AF.

Turbodave Jan 21st, 2019 21:15

Agreed.

Been with Flux for years and every year is a bloody battle... with Flux either going back on long standing agreements or providing uncompetitive quotes which suddenly tumble when you question them. I've given them so many chances (and do much money!) and despite the constant battle, I usually give them the benefit if the doubt and continue my business.

But, I've had enough of it now...

Wife's renewal was about £380 for her V50, frankly comical so told them not to bother but lo and behold, down to £265 after some 'speaking to my manager' and with the promise of the best price and service on my V70 come renewal ... repeat to fade.

Tonight, having bumped said V70 policy costs up for moving to a safer postcode... asked for a price to change to another model and it's nigh on double what can be had elsewhere. They offered to waive their administration fees, even though we've had a long standing arrangement that'd be done regardless but refused to budge. £7.60 to cancel early? That'll do for me.

Shouldn't be this hard work and sadly of late Flux is hard work... never used to be like this, used to be great but they seem to have gotten greedy over the past few years and the personal touch is gone. They used to insure all three cars, then it was two, now it's one and I'm tempted to cancel mid term and pay the costs to go elsewhere where it's less hassle.

Chris Knotted has come highly recommended

jamesmark Jan 30th, 2019 10:40

Great start, arranged a call back for 7pm last night due to my work and that I would have probably forgotten to call when I got back to hotel.

Well I did forget, when I thought at 9pm, where was my call back. No missed call etc on phone.

DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX Jan 30th, 2019 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesmark (Post 2490371)
Great start, arranged a call back for 7pm last night due to my work and that I would have probably forgotten to call when I got back to hotel.

Well I did forget, when I thought at 9pm, where was my call back. No missed call etc on phone.

Hi,
I'm sorry you never received a call back. If you wanted to PM me your contact details I can get on to this tomorrow when I'm back in the office.
Regards.
Dan.

Turbodave Feb 3rd, 2019 11:59

Just to bring closure and indeed, closure to 8yrs+ of business... rang Flux to ask for a quote for a full year for my newly acquired XC70 (as advised to do by Flux!) and was told rather indignantly by Ben that "no way will you insure it for less than £400" and that was the end of the conversation. Which is remarkable as numerous companies were quoting around the £2750 to £300 mark. However, opted to cancel mid term with Flux and have switched to Chris Knot who offered the same level of cover without all the bull**** I've come to expect from Flux for £260.00 and have quoted a better price for my wife's V50 too, so will be cancelling her policy with Flux in due course and switching it.

So yes, slow clap for Ben... and Flux in general.