Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Collected the car today (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=253503)

Deman77 Jul 21st, 2016 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by aab203 (Post 2143384)
I have a one year old and a three year old... and have ordered the blond leather :)

I prefer the lighter look and feel it makes it more airy. I do fully expect to be cleaning / protecting it more often. No pain no gain!

From experience so far (Amber which is very light too) the most leather cleaning is on driver bolsters, kids areas have next to no leather mess (only where adult hands fumble around seat belt locks) just hoovering - mine are in child seats. I think black is probably worse with kids as it will show every crumb which is the most common child mess.

neon Jul 21st, 2016 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2143391)

I'm about 20 miles away in a village near Wakefield. But you're correct, there is that 'Yorkshire' look to it.

(Re the house/stonework: although the house is about 20 years old, the stone is well over 100 years old. It was reclaimed from an old brewery that was being demolished. Each piece of stone is incredibly dense and extremely heavy. Extra deep foundations were required.)

Interesting, I think we may pass each other a few times when I get mine as I am in between Huddersfield and Wakefield in a village with a house built from York stone.
Which dealer did you buy from.

tem Jul 21st, 2016 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexman8 (Post 2143391)

I'm about 20 miles away in a village near Wakefield. But you're correct, there is that 'Yorkshire' look to it.

(Re the house/stonework: although the house is about 20 years old, the stone is well over 100 years old. It was reclaimed from an old brewery that was being demolished. Each piece of stone is incredibly dense and extremely heavy. Extra deep foundations were required.)

Your house reminds me of a farmhouse that I used to stay in at Diggle and a friends house in Netherthong.

tem.

neon Jul 21st, 2016 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by tem (Post 2143489)
Your house reminds me of a farmhouse that I used to stay in at Diggle and a friends house in Netherthong.

tem.

I live 5 miles from Netherthong if it is the one by Holmfirth.

tem Jul 21st, 2016 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by neon (Post 2143494)

Yes.
My friend lives in Outlane, Netherthong.

tem.

Lexman8 Jul 21st, 2016 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by neon (Post 2143474)
Which dealer did you buy from.

I'd heard some good things about the Hudders dealer but as Wakky is much closer I went there. What about you?

Lexman8 Jul 21st, 2016 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by neon (Post 2143494)

I have friends who used to live in Thurstonland, not far from Netherthong. Been there often.

neon Jul 21st, 2016 21:20

I am in Denby Dale, bought from the Huddersfield dealer as he matched best deal, got me a car for a day and was pretty honest. pleased that it was the local dealer.
Did go to Wakefield one after just to check something out. I was surprised on the condition of the dealership in Wakefield though as they have little space.
Great if you have heard good things about the dealers in Huddersfield as I know nothing about them so I wanted to understand what their service is like if I have an issue (I was going to say when but hope not).

neon Jul 21st, 2016 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by tem (Post 2143509)
Yes.
My friend lives in Outlane, Netherthong.

tem.

Nice area, nearly bought a house in Netherthong. Interesting name.

Lexman8 Jul 21st, 2016 21:26

Just 1 pic tonight

1 Attachment(s)
Illuminated door handles with ground lighting. Awesome. Not mentioned anywhere as far as I know.

I tried taking pics of the interior with ambient lighting on but they didn't turn out very well because of nearby street lighting. I'll try again another time.