Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Uttoxeter (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=317668)

bigfootandy Jul 13th, 2021 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by omc 47 (Post 2752993)
I'm with you John and l have tried to give a balanced reply in an earlier post to "bigfoot" but as can be seen he has not replied to my offer of friendship.

I too have been a member for some years and find everyone very helpful but sometimes an attitude can be taken the wrong way as in this case..........maybe!
That said, "bigfoots" opportunity to reply to a member who is both supportive
and sympathetic has wained somewhat in recent hours, l wish him well.

Sorry for the lack of response sooner, can I take this opportunity to thank you all for your kind words, must have just caught the chap on an off day!

Cheers Andy

wrinkles Jul 13th, 2021 17:43

A good time was had by all well don the people that organized the event.I cant find the link to the photos please enlighten me TIA> Regs Wrinkles.

john.wigley Jul 13th, 2021 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrinkles (Post 2753101)
A good time was had by all well don the people that organized the event.I cant find the link to the photos please enlighten me TIA> Regs Wrinkles.

It's embedded in post number 26, 'wrinkles', quite close to the top. :regular_smile:

Regards, John.

jpliddy Jul 13th, 2021 18:56

Bob issac

hi all i have been to the last 20 V.O.C. rallies please spare a thought for BOB ISSAC the club chairman im told he became ill and could not attend the rally
without his work this event won not happen .i cant ever remember him not being there so get well soon bob and keep up the good work you do for the volvo owners club !

Dippydog Jul 13th, 2021 20:01

Is this "freebie" of which everyone speaks the fridge magnet? If so I got one of those and very nice it is too.Didn't win anything on the raffle but what the hey a great day out and thanks and congratulations to the organisers for a great event,hope Bob Isaac gets well soon.
J.W. I saw your green machine but my V70 was parked a little further along the row[nearer the entrance road] it is silver[sort of] with peeling lacquer on the o/s front wing and the drivers side looking like a previous owner used the Brillo pad method of polishing,it was like that when I bought it about 5yrs ago for £50 with 10 months MoT on it!!Reg Number is V858 UUA.My 960 was parked near the "ambulance" and is in Silver Sand reg number M835 VJL[it was originally M30 VAN but the trader I bought the car from kept that to sell as a separate entity and it was re-registered to what it is now when i bought it.

Chris Wickers Jul 13th, 2021 21:13

National Rally

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpliddy (Post 2753126)
hi all i have been to the last 20 V.O.C. rallies please spare a thought for BOB ISSAC the club chairman im told he became ill and could not attend the rally
without his work this event won not happen .i cant ever remember him not being there so get well soon bob and keep up the good work you do for the volvo owners club !

I have spoken to Bob and thankfully he is improving and well on the way to a full recovery. Unfortunately Nigel Ayling was also taken ill and couldn't attend and likewise is recovering.

I am sure everyone wishes them both well.

It certainly caused a few 'challenges', and then of course we had the other challenges of Covid!

Dippydog Jul 14th, 2021 18:54

Good to hear both are recovering well.

classicswede Jul 14th, 2021 23:29

It was great to be back out and see many old faces along with the new

Chris Wickers Jul 16th, 2021 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicswede (Post 2753548)
It was great to be back out and see many old faces along with the new

Or in my case a 'young face' as I am not 'old yet'!!!!!

Chris

foggyjames Jul 16th, 2021 21:56

Good to see quite a few of you...and sorry to have clearly missed a few folk who I've had online chats with!

It was a very enjoyable day out. Not quite the norm, but very understandable under the circumstances. Roll on 2022 National (and the MGOC day)!

cheers

James