Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   vibration on steering wheel ( puzzle) (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=338667)

Haizum74 Apr 23rd, 2024 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by StatusRed (Post 2946781)
Interesting, although the two tyres I have on the front right now were new last year and I've tried rotating them, marginal improvement but the vibration is still there.

So.....there is some improvement from rotating them which could indicate it is potentially a tyre problem seeing as said improvement (however small) was noticed.

StatusRed Apr 23rd, 2024 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haizum74 (Post 2946822)
So.....there is some improvement from rotating them which could indicate it is potentially a tyre problem seeing as said improvement (however small) was noticed.

It could be me imagining it tbh, I'm not convinced and if it was tyres I would have expected it to be have been picked up the two times it's gone for balancing..

BBA Apr 25th, 2024 17:43

Hello , in my case it is 95 % diff as my left driveshaft have a play in gearbox , ok i know they all do , but my one have very big play . And that can explain why sometimes is less sometimes is more vibration also when you go right on roundabout and slightly give it can be fill too but more come like wobble , as I say before I put ALL NEW FRONT END SUSPENSION WHEELS AND TYRES and for me that last bit left gearbox. In one way I get use to and could leave whit it but in another hand it is bother me , so I start looking for gearbox now.

Kev0607 Apr 25th, 2024 20:28

What car is it?

Could you not just replace the driveshaft, as opposed to the whole transmission?

BBA Apr 27th, 2024 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev0607 (Post 2947205)
What car is it?

Could you not just replace the driveshaft, as opposed to the whole transmission?

Hello , it is simply Volvo V50 2.0D 6 speed -manual , no I cannot replace drive shaft as I done that already and not see point do it again this car was a bit in a abuse before me , I not surpassed what my gearbox go bust .

Haizum74 May 4th, 2024 06:52

Have you had any joy in finding out what it is?

BBA May 5th, 2024 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haizum74 (Post 2948283)
Have you had any joy in finding out what it is?

after I find out it is was pulling trailer or house on the wheels bets come to dual flywheel gone and yes my clutch not best either but no any vibration on the clutch pedal as I say before I do have play on inner driveshaft to gearbox (inside gearbox) and it is bigger than I was comparing to any another cars including V50 so now I just putting all money together and hunting for gearbox and obviously for dual flywheel and clutch . When I do any job I will post here on my progress and any details what gone wrong.

StatusRed May 6th, 2024 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBA (Post 2948464)
after I find out it is was pulling trailer or house on the wheels bets come to dual flywheel gone and yes my clutch not best either but no any vibration on the clutch pedal as I say before I do have play on inner driveshaft to gearbox (inside gearbox) and it is bigger than I was comparing to any another cars including V50 so now I just putting all money together and hunting for gearbox and obviously for dual flywheel and clutch . When I do any job I will post here on my progress and any details what gone wrong.

My car is going in to the garage tomorrow for 2 new wheel studs on the front (1 on each front wheel) because the nuts aren't tightening, I'll report back if my vibration has anything to do with this. Otherwise I might then try a clutch and flywheel replacement because I'm pretty sure I might be on the original clutch still at 160k miles and the clutch is very high (it's been high since I've had it 9 years ago though on 118k miles).

BBA May 9th, 2024 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by StatusRed (Post 2948594)
My car is going in to the garage tomorrow for 2 new wheel studs on the front (1 on each front wheel) because the nuts aren't tightening, I'll report back if my vibration has anything to do with this. Otherwise I might then try a clutch and flywheel replacement because I'm pretty sure I might be on the original clutch still at 160k miles and the clutch is very high (it's been high since I've had it 9 years ago though on 118k miles).

good luck to you and keep posted . , I now more focus on my abs module his start heavy play on me ( brake fail and immobilizer):angry_smile::traurig001:

StatusRed May 14th, 2024 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by StatusRed (Post 2948594)

Update.. made no difference. New genuine engine top mount ordered..