Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   New about a possible recall (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=257141)

neon Oct 1st, 2016 14:00

My dealer has got back to me by email, as follows:

"As I said previously I have seen no notification of a recall and I am very much involved in anything new cars & Volvo within our business. If there was a major issue we would have first seen a delivery stop notice from the factory to check cars before being released and this is certainly not the case.

If there issue in the US, this would also only affect petrol cars not diesel.

I will as promised speak to the Service Manager Monday AM and ask if he's aware of anything or rumbles of anything imminent."

yeoman Oct 1st, 2016 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by neon (Post 2174909)
My dealer has got back to me by email, as follows:

"As I said previously I have seen no notification of a recall and I am very much involved in anything new cars & Volvo within our business. If there was a major issue we would have first seen a delivery stop notice from the factory to check cars before being released and this is certainly not the case.

If there issue in the US, this would also only affect petrol cars not diesel.

I will as promised speak to the Service Manager Monday AM and ask if he's aware of anything or rumbles of anything imminent."

It is quite staggering how poor the information dissemination by VOLVO UK on a very serious issue is.How can my dealer be up to scratch with this recall and yours not so?

Jabbslad Oct 1st, 2016 15:39

I have also just received confirmation of the UK recall from the dealer. My car is on the list and it will need to go in for servicing.

neon Oct 1st, 2016 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeoman (Post 2174913)
It is quite staggering how poor the information dissemination by VOLVO UK on a very serious issue is.How can my dealer be up to scratch with this recall and yours not so?

Is yours a D5?

neon Oct 1st, 2016 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabbslad (Post 2174939)
I have also just received confirmation of the UK recall from the dealer. My car is on the list and it will need to go in for servicing.

Is yours a D5?

Jabbslad Oct 1st, 2016 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by neon (Post 2174945)
Is yours a D5?

Yep, MY 2017 D5, only picked it up a few weeks ago.

Lexman8 Oct 1st, 2016 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by neon (Post 2174909)
If there issue [sic] in the US, this would also only affect petrol cars not diesel.

Irrelevant, confusing and misleading.

yeoman Oct 1st, 2016 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by neon (Post 2174944)
Is yours a D5?

Mine's a T8

Lexman8 Oct 1st, 2016 16:27

Apart from any safety or reliability issues right now, I'd guess the urgency is because Volvo are keen to nip this problem in the bud before significant damage is done to wiring looms and associated electrics. Fixing these could be extremely expensive for them and they'd probably have to do it for free even after the 3-year warranty has expired if it's shown to be a manufacturing fault, as appears to be the case.

It might also be a PR disaster.

neon Oct 1st, 2016 16:35

I will see what the Service Manager comes back with when he returns Monday. If mine does turn out to be affected I would like it in asap and not wait until Nov.

If a proper notice had been put on the Official Volvo forum say then it would avoid the confusion, hearsay and rumours. Also wasting time for everyone.