Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   700/900 Series General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I Have Returned... (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=304655)

Foeux Mar 22nd, 2020 11:54

Here is the video of work done so far.

Thanks for the continued interest.

Laird Scooby Mar 22nd, 2020 12:26

Nice work there! For your intermittent fuel gauge, have a look at this thread :

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...ght=fuel+gauge

Mine is still happily working perfectly now, however long it's been since i did that.

I'm hoping in the not too distant future to obtain some clear rear lamps for mine so will have a nice pair of clear/red/orange lamps available if that's of any interest to you? Alternatively, keep an eye on the Sales section, there are often some 940s being broken for spares, particularly by Luke (360beast) and Mark (Griston64) plus a few others.

Keep up the good work! :thumbs_up:

Foeux Mar 22nd, 2020 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laird Scooby (Post 2611734)

Mine is still happily working perfectly now, however long it's been since i did that.

I'm hoping in the not too distant future to obtain some clear rear lamps for mine so will have a nice pair of clear/red/orange lamps available if that's of any interest to you? Alternatively, keep an eye on the Sales section, there are often some 940s being broken for spares, particularly by Luke (360beast) and Mark (Griston64) plus a few others.

Thanks for the useful bits of info. I'd really appreciate first refusal on tail lamps if I haven't found some by then. They are legal but tatty.

The dash clocks I think I will have a go at maybe next week...

Thanks for staying interested.

Foeux Mar 22nd, 2020 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laird Scooby (Post 2611734)

Thanks for the useful bits of info. I'd really appreciate first refusal on tail lamps if I haven't found some by then. They are legal but tatty.

The dash clocks I think I will have a go at maybe next week...

Thanks for staying interested.

Foeux Mar 23rd, 2020 19:38

Evening Pals.

hope you are all staying healthy and safe.

A golden ray of sunshine in these curious times: It passed its MOT today.

For <£2 a day, I have achieved 12 months of cheap* motoring.

*cheap so far

More video of 'doing it up'?

griston64 Mar 23rd, 2020 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foeux (Post 2612211)
Evening Pals.

hope you are all staying healthy and safe.

A golden ray of sunshine in these curious times: It passed its MOT today.

For <£2 a day, I have achieved 12 months of cheap* motoring.

*cheap so far

More video of 'doing it up'?

Yes......just be careful with the child labour though :teeth_smile::teeth_smile::teeth_smile:

Foeux Mar 24th, 2020 07:21

3 advisories:

Offside Front Tyre slightly damaged/cracking or perishing (5.2.3(d)(ii))

Nearside Front Antirollbar pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement (5.3.4(a)(i))

Offside Front Antirollbar pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement (5.3.4(a)(i))

All of those are easily sorted out.
Foeux is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

360beast Mar 24th, 2020 09:30

Get some polybush ARB bushes from Dai at Classicswede and you will never have to change them again and they are the same price if not cheaper than rubber.

When replacing bushes on these either use genuine Volvo or polybushes as aftermarket rubber is sh1te.

griston64 Mar 24th, 2020 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foeux (Post 2612310)
3 advisories:

Nearside Front Antirollbar pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement (5.3.4(a)(i))

Offside Front Antirollbar pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement (5.3.4(a)(i))

I have spare gen Volvo ARB bushes if you want them

Laird Scooby Mar 24th, 2020 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foeux (Post 2612310)
3 advisories:

Considering the N/S/F tyre failed the MoT on similar, it would pay to get another the same make on the other side. I'm not going to get into the whole "new tyres should go on the back" debate but given it's RWD, i would suggest putting the new tyres on the back and the existing rear ones on the front.

As for the drop links (antiroll bar pin or bush) they should be replaced in pairs anyway so i'd say that was only two advisories. :tounge_smile:

I've been using a pair of Delphi ARB dro links on mine for about 3 years now and the roads round here are hard on ARB drop links without problems. One of the few aftermarket/pattern parts i would add to Lukes suggestion of either genuine or Polybush. :thumbs_up: