Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Which display do you favour? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=290753)

SuffolkBoy Feb 1st, 2019 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by george57l (Post 2491275)
I'm not familiar with much of what this thread is about. Pretty sure I have a model with no selectable display options, but I am perplexed by one element.

I've recently got a V70 2011 with a horizontal 'progress bar' style fuel gauge rather than an analog needle display. To the right of the progress bar itself is a number 1. No idea what it means. The manual is entirely silent on this. Anyone any clues?

Welcome to the Forum, George - this section of the Forum is for new models on the SPA platform.

If you repost your query in the V70 sub forum for your model, which starts S80 > 06...., there will be plenty of V70 model owners who should be able to help you with your enquiry.

Hope you get it sorted.

george57l Feb 5th, 2019 23:18

1 Attachment(s)
No. Not tongue-in-cheek. The tank is currently only 40% full and the 1 is to the right and outside of the fuel gauge 'progress bar' and does not appear to change (well, I have not yet noticed it saying anything else).
I've tried to attach an image. (Not mine - randomly found via Google)

george57l Feb 5th, 2019 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuffolkBoy (Post 2491305)
Welcome to the Forum, George - this section of the Forum is for new models on the SPA platform.

If you repost your query in the V70 sub forum for your model, which starts S80 > 06...., there will be plenty of V70 model owners who should be able to help you with your enquiry.

Hope you get it sorted.

Will do. Thanks.

Milliner Feb 6th, 2019 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by george57l (Post 2492701)
No. Not tongue-in-cheek. The tank is currently only 40% full and the 1 is to the right and outside of the fuel gauge 'progress bar' and does not appear to change (well, I have not yet noticed it saying anything else).
I've tried to attach an image. (Not mine - randomly found via Google)

Apologies, it's hard to tell for sure with text. The '1' is static and it signifies that the fuel gauge is full when the bar is all the way across to the right.

george57l Feb 25th, 2019 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milliner (Post 2492761)
Apologies, it's hard to tell for sure with text. The '1' is static and it signifies that the fuel gauge is full when the bar is all the way across to the right.

Gosh. I would never have guessed that when the bar is full it actually meant the fuel gauge (tank?) was full. Thanks, Volvo, for saving me from that conundrum. I had no idea! ;-)

And there's a 0 at the left hand end, I now see.

More seriously - I guess E and F became too Anglo-centric, or it was too much trouble to have a different set of letters/labels for different countries/languages.

Hey-ho.

Iainmc Mar 18th, 2019 05:49

I’m ready to be shot down here, but how could you not realise that was the fuel gauge?
I mean seriously? 0 = empty tank, zero, nothing, nada. 1 = one full tank of fuel.
The difference between 0 and 1? 1/2 as in when someone says how much fuel have you got? “About half a tank” 🤔

AB-UK Apr 27th, 2019 09:41

To be fair, with all the technology, computers, and sensors used in modern cars, surely it can't be difficult to measure and report the exact amount of fuel in the tank?

volvocat May 11th, 2019 16:09

I think the display should match the character and colour scheme of the car.
Since getting a T6 in Savile Grey with Charcoal interior :teeth_smile:, I feel that the red sport display suits it well so, after some hesitation, that’s what I voted for.
I tried it several times in the previous D5 but it didn’t really work with the Blond interior so kept reverting to Glass.

canis May 15th, 2019 10:36

I wonder how long it'll be before they introduce user-programmable driving interfaces.

lol UPDI markup language...

Code:

<gauge.fuel(BAR,xpos,xpos+sensor.fuel,ypos,DEEP_GREEN,TRANSP)>
<if (sensor.fuel < notify.fuel.reserve)
<notify.alarm>aud.bell(pitch.alarm,duration.alarm,delay.notification)
<gauge.light><ICON.fuel,ICON.fuel.color></gauge>
</if>

Maybe there'll be an app for it on your phone! Maybe you could be monitoring your mpg from 100 miles away. How useful is that?

Seriously folks ... Why do you need the car to calculate your fuel level to the exact mile? Is there any reason you need to drain the tank to vapours before you visit a petrol station? You should meet my wife, she's the same.

I will never understand this problem. When the gauge gets low - put fuel in. Simple.

AB-UK Jun 29th, 2019 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by volvocat (Post 2519920)
I think the display should match the character and colour scheme of the car.
Since getting a T6 in Savile Grey with Charcoal interior :teeth_smile:, I feel that the red sport display suits it well so, after some hesitation, that’s what I voted for.

You're happy with a vibrant colour like Red?
Surely, with Grey Exterior and Charcoal interior, another dull colour like a shade of gray would be more in keeping? :tounge_smile: