Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   XC60 Issues List (faults and user problems) (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=149355)

ex Triumph Man Dec 23rd, 2013 12:07

Read too many reports of vehicles with so many gears getting confused when you kick down when half way up or down the box.

Don't tow or need an auto either hence going back to manual.

Brodick Dec 23rd, 2013 13:32

Afraid this is one of the reasons I don't buy second hand cars.
Having owned 2 xc60s with geartronic auto boxes (still have 1)
I have to say they have performed without fault.

Sounds like you have been unlucky. The dealer should be pulling out all the stops to repair.

ex Triumph Man Dec 23rd, 2013 13:43

Must admit the XC90 I run just now, 11my D5 SE Lux, runs without fault. Only trading it in as I no longer need the 7 seats.

675rrr Jan 2nd, 2014 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodick (Post 1542345)
Afraid this is one of the reasons I don't buy second hand cars.
Having owned 2 xc60s with geartronic auto boxes (still have 1)
I have to say they have performed without fault.

Sounds like you have been unlucky. The dealer should be pulling out all the stops to repair.

Why dont you buy Secondhand??

Surely 50 percent of the cost that you lose in the first 3 years is more expensive that a even replacing a full gearbox.

And you are guarenteed to lose 50 percent of your money as opposed to having to replace the gear box 1 chance in 2500000 .

Brodick Jan 17th, 2014 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by 675rrr (Post 1547965)
Why dont you buy Secondhand??

Surely 50 percent of the cost that you lose in the first 3 years is more expensive that a even replacing a full gearbox.

And you are guarenteed to lose 50 percent of your money as opposed to having to replace the gear box 1 chance in 2500000 .

I am prepared to take the hit money wise though I have never lost as much as 50% of my money and have always bought new. There is no way of knowing how well the previous owner has looked after a car. There is no way of knowing what issues if any the car has already had any
always factory fresh for me.

pbeecroft Feb 8th, 2014 00:17

4 years 47k miles.
Nothing but tyres and fluids.
It's towed a heavy caravan all over Europe without missing a beat.
Comfortable and stylish.

The lowest depreciating car I've ever owned

dentalan Mar 3rd, 2014 21:31

Door lock issues

I had to replace the left back door lock because it made a strange noise 10 second after locking the car. They said that there is gear broken It was on waranty. After 1 year iI had to do it for the back right door lock. And after a year for the front right. Now I have to replace again the first one (left back) and the drivers lock. In addition I found out there is a water leak from the windscreen. Cheap cars do not show these kind of peoblems.

ctlsleh Mar 27th, 2014 23:33

I just purchased a 2009 XC60 auto Lux d5 awd. With about 45k miles. Beautiful car, family love it, however I've noticed a lot of creaking and rattling in the interior. Its not coming from the suspension, which feels really tight. Anyone got any ideas? Is it usual for xc60s to have internal creaks and rattles? Are there some know areas for this that can be rectified?

Love the car but coming from a 10 year old lexus rx that never had a rattle in all that time, im a little disappointed to be honest.

Appreciate if there are known areas that need silicon or tightening up or whatever.......

Cheers......

Sparky1uk May 28th, 2014 22:21

Trailer System Service required on first use

Had the tow bar and electrics fitted at the dealer before collecting the car, and on first use there were no lights and an error message "Trailer System Service Required".

Dealer swapped something out to fix it.

Choffit Jun 9th, 2014 08:08

Rear door lock and heated washers

During the first year of owning my used 59 reg XC60 it developed a fault with the rear door on the left side not unlocking with the central locking. It had about 65k on the clock at the time. Thankfully it was within warranty.

The heated washer nozzles stopped working around the same time and so I had them replaced also under warranty.

That's it.... For now......