Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   high emissions (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=319047)

Familyman 90 Aug 16th, 2021 21:00

Thats ass-backwards.

Engine load, as detected through many variables such as MAF reading, pedal position, fuel flow, intake pressure, engine speed, coolant temperature, etc, dictate the position of the EGR, and not the other way around.

cheshired5 Aug 16th, 2021 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Familyman 90 (Post 2762809)
Thats ass-backwards.

Just hook up your car to Vida and see your airflow automatically change with EGR position with no other input changes.
I wish people would look at actual live data before spouting off.
EGR influence is a two way street.

neanderthal Aug 16th, 2021 23:03

WGL2020...There are quite a few possibilities including turbo, valves, piston rings to name just some.......[/QUOTE]

yes i understand thanks.its having to pay volvo £200 to find out:rolleyes:

Wgl2020 Aug 17th, 2021 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by neanderthal (Post 2762854)
WGL2020...There are quite a few possibilities including turbo, valves, piston rings to name just some.......

yes i understand thanks.its having to pay volvo £200 to find out:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I wonder if there is a friendly forum member with Vida near to you that could do a scan?

neanderthal Aug 18th, 2021 11:12

1 Attachment(s)
:confused_smile: just lost all my genuine volvo oil...can't here any whistling sound from the turbo having said that i dont know if its working. i have slight hesitation on throttle and does not rev up as high as it did plenty off white and some blue smoke.

PNM Aug 18th, 2021 19:18

What's the mileage and service history like?

Given that you appear to be burning oil, have you considered doing a compression test?

neanderthal Aug 18th, 2021 22:04

i suppose i am in a situation where i pay for a recovery vehicle and have it checked over by a garage.(i dont want to attempt to remove the injectors as i might damage something to try a compression test)thanks for now everyone i will update this forum when i get the funds....or not:rolleyes:......anyone have instructions of how to remove the turbo on the volvo v50 2007 2.0 diesel thanks

neanderthal Aug 20th, 2021 09:33

my snap on wont let me test the injectors.(cleaned the obd11 pins)it just flashes when i try it, and then aborts after 30 seconds or more.can i check them with a multimeter.is it much of a job to remove the injectors from a volvo v50 2007 diesel....anyone in yorkshire with vida who could try and pinpoint why i have lost all my oil and its smoing like a steam train(volvo want £200 minimum)....thanks all.

Kev0607 Aug 20th, 2021 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by neanderthal (Post 2763846)
my snap on wont let me test the injectors.it just flashes when i try it, and then aborts after 30 seconds or more.can i check them with a multimeter.is it much of a job to remove the injectors from a volvo v50 2007 diesel....anyone in yorkshire with vida who could try and pinpoint why i have lost all my oil and its smoing like a steam train(volvo want £200 minimum)....thanks all.

Here’s a video showing how to remove the injectors on a C30 D5, but its the same process on the V50.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

You can check them with a multimeter, but just because they’re showing as receiving signal through the electrical connection doesn’t actually mean the injector is working. It just means the injector is receiving an electrical signal.

neanderthal Aug 20th, 2021 10:11

3 Attachment(s)
hi,thank you for the quick reply i did see that video but was not sure if mine was the same process as someone on the forum said that you have to remove the manifold? here is my set up(pics).and would i have to replace any seals or anything else while they are apart.....and once the injectors are out can i check these myself or would i need to take them to a garage.i am just putting a egr valve blanking plate on... note mine has a hole in the middle(as suggested i dis- connected the egr connector.....update no change with the egr valve plate on