Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Vodafone 100GB SIM not working (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=297482)

soupytwister Sep 17th, 2019 23:50

Just got my S60 in the last week and wondered why I didn't get a 100Gb SIM. Turns out the S60 Edition is a MY19 rather than MY20 so doesn't qualify.

Seems a bit mean - would have been nicer for Volvo to say that all new car sales from 1st August (or whenever) would have 100Gb SIM rather than only MY20 models forwards :)

MtillingVolvo Sep 18th, 2019 07:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by soupytwister (Post 2554788)
Just got my S60 in the last week and wondered why I didn't get a 100Gb SIM. Turns out the S60 Edition is a MY19 rather than MY20 so doesn't qualify.

Seems a bit mean - would have been nicer for Volvo to say that all new car sales from 1st August (or whenever) would have 100Gb SIM rather than only MY20 models forwards :)

Indeed that is a bit mean....

email me your address at mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk and I'll see if I can assist!

MtillingVolvo Sep 18th, 2019 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by red1703 (Post 2554692)
Thanks Marc for the update

Still been unable to get this working. Spoke to Vodafone who were no help and told me to speak to Volvo. Spoke to Volvo who were no help and told me to speak to Vodafone :rolleyes:

Hopefully they come up with a fix soon..

I'll drop the chap at Volvo an email a bit later in the week if I don't hear anything back... it is on their radar and they are having daily calls with Vodafone to try and get it sorted.

Zacklee Sep 18th, 2019 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo (Post 2544183)
You are welcome and glad it's working now!

Thanks, I get it working as well.

MtillingVolvo Sep 20th, 2019 12:48

Hi,

Bit of feedback.

Apparently some of the issues are being caused by the "Safari" browser on Apple Products. If anyone on here is having issues and using Safari please can you try downloading an alternative browser onto your phone, trying again and let me know how you get on.

Thanks in advance.

Marc

Boxzoo Sep 23rd, 2019 15:18

Mine not working either

Taken delivery of my new V90 this morning and not working. Phone can connect to car but once connected there is no internet.

Will try Voda. Dealers seem to be washing their hands of it at the moment but if I don’t get anywhere with Voda I will go back to dealer.

MtillingVolvo Sep 23rd, 2019 15:27

Volvo UK are still on the case with Vodafone to find a fix for this issue.

Kind Regards

Marc

nu11eaf Sep 23rd, 2019 16:43

As I think Volvo issue the data sim as part of their vision of nobody being seriously injured or killed in a Volvo safety ethos, (so every new car is connected, and the connected safety feature works) I would think that they will apply pressure on Vodafone to resolve this issue.

PhilipT5 Sep 23rd, 2019 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxzoo (Post 2556426)
Taken delivery of my new V90 this morning and not working. Phone can connect to car but once connected there is no internet.

Will try Voda. Dealers seem to be washing their hands of it at the moment but if I don’t get anywhere with Voda I will go back to dealer.

When I collected mine on Saturday I had the same thing, kept getting the vodaphone splash page but it wouldn't let me click through to register. I had to refresh the page about a dozen times and it then finally allowed me to connect.

Beavis Sep 23rd, 2019 19:46

Has anyone tried registering on a different browser than safari? Did it work?
I had difficulty last week on iPhone and iPad on safari.