Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Volvo Owners' Club Trent Valley Section (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=324606)

Fergie35 Jun 11th, 2022 08:22

The weather is looking good for tomorrow so we should be able to sit in the courtyard.
I look forward to seeing everyone.

Jaki

Othen Jun 11th, 2022 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fergie35 (Post 2828654)
The weather is looking good for tomorrow so we should be able to sit in the courtyard.
I look forward to seeing everyone.

Jaki

Super duper,
The weather forecast is good so I’ll bring Aunt Maud - arriving about 11:00.
Alan

Moomoo Jun 11th, 2022 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Othen (Post 2828706)
Super duper,
The weather forecast is good so I’ll bring Aunt Maud - arriving about 11:00.
Alan

It’s a super run from Corby bud, miss Nottingham out by the east, lovely!

It’ll do the Dowager good.

Enjoy.👍😎

john.wigley Jun 11th, 2022 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moomoo (Post 2828708)
It’s a super run from Corby bud, miss Nottingham out by the east, lovely!

It’ll do the Dowager good.

Enjoy.👍😎

We use the A46, exit onto the A6097, crossing the Trent at Gunthorpe. Then left onto B6386 off the Oxton bypass. Patchings is on RHS just after the second road on the left to Calverton. The latter is very easy to miss / overshoot!

Regards, John.

Othen Jun 11th, 2022 17:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by john.wigley (Post 2828721)
We use the A46, exit onto the A6097, crossing the Trent at Gunthorpe. Then left onto B6386 off the Oxton bypass. Patchings is on RHS just after the second road on the left to Calverton. The latter is very easy to miss / overshoot!

Regards, John.

The same I should think John. Uppingham, Oakham, Melton Mowbray then the A46, the same as you. I should think I’d arrive between 11:00 and 11:30. I’ll be the tall chap with a beard wearing a fedora and driving a bright red Amazon :-)

PS. Just a thought: is Patching the sort of place that might welcome a very well behaved dog? I’m just thinking aloud, it will be a nice day - but that would mean it would be too hot to leave Bob in the car. Also, GAM doesn’t have any seat belts in the back so there would be nowhere to tether his car harness. I think I’ve answered my own question: I’ll ask Bob’s Auntie Janet and Uncle Neil (our neighbours) to take him for his middle of the day walk.

john.wigley Jun 11th, 2022 17:26

I think that they probably would, Alan. They do have a website, so it will probably say whether or no on there. J.

Othen Jun 11th, 2022 17:51

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by john.wigley (Post 2828736)
I think that they probably would, Alan. They do have a website, so it will probably say whether or no on there. J.

I think not this time John, I’ll treat it as a reconnaissance. If it is okay I may bring Bob to a future meeting.

I think it will be a bit hot for Bob in GAM tomorrow, he much prefers the Skoda estate and even has a crate in the back, but that is a much bigger motor car and has air conditioning.

:-)

Fergie35 Jun 11th, 2022 18:07

Just watch the average speed cameras on the A6097.

Jaki

Othen Jun 12th, 2022 16:52

Thank you so much for organising today's meeting Jaki, it was really nice to meet everyone.

Best wishes,

Alan

Moomoo Jun 12th, 2022 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Othen (Post 2828840)
Thank you so much for organising today's meeting Jaki, it was really nice to meet everyone.

Best wishes,

Alan

A good run mate? Did she enjoy it?😀