Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Uncomfortable Volvo Seats - why? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=316817)

weemark May 14th, 2021 17:46

Just to add a bit more info - got my car back for dealership this afternoon and seat felt as bad. Never been hugely impressed with it but much worse this past year - then.the penny eventually dropped through my befuddled brain. Have a chronic knee complaint (replacement op next week - don't open the bowling for 30 years kids, this is what happens) and to try and lessen the impact I've lost a bunch of weight, around 4 stone in all. So I guess I'm more perched on rather than embedded in the seat now!

Mad Malc May 14th, 2021 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocinante (Post 2736970)
"A day out"? That's a 14 hour round trip, with out stops.

That is correct, stops amounted to roughly 1 hour. The weather was good, it was absolutely fantastic. Driving is something I just HAVE to do.
The worst part of this covid thing was not being able to just drive about, the NEED is quite worrying really but we all have our crosses to bear!!!!

Dibble May 14th, 2021 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sotosound (Post 2737017)
The funny thing is that I've not seen any threads about poor seat comfort with respect to earlier Volvos.

All my Volvo seats have been comfortable but the best are on my 2003, C70 GT. Just superb.

gaby May 15th, 2021 07:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dibble (Post 2737203)
All my Volvo seats have been comfortable but the best are on my 2003, C70 GT. Just superb.

We have Volvos since the (19) seventies and found the seats to be better in each newer model.
The (standard Momentum) seats in our XC90 are the best we had so far.

AB-UK May 15th, 2021 10:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaby (Post 2737250)
We have Volvos since the (19) seventies and found the seats to be better in each newer model.
The (standard Momentum) seats in our XC90 are the best we had so far.

There have been previous posts where the Momentum seats have been praised, and even where attempts have been made to have the dealer swap the Inscription seats out and replace them with Momentum seats - a failed attempt I recall.

If you look at the swatches in the dealership, you can easily see that the Momentum leather is thicker and "less luxurious", but not necessarily "less comfortable" :)

Boatie May 15th, 2021 10:11

I think that the uncomfortable seat issue revolves around the seats with the extending front bit (that's a technical term). On either side of this 'bit' there are upward 'ears' intended to give side support . Unfortunately they are simply too close together and dig into ones legs. They are not just padding they are the shape of the base.

Tresco85 May 15th, 2021 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by AB-UK (Post 2737276)
There have been previous posts where the Momentum seats have been praised, and even where attempts have been made to have the dealer swap the Inscription seats out and replace them with Momentum seats - a failed attempt I recall.

If you look at the swatches in the dealership, you can easily see that the Momentum leather is thicker and "less luxurious", but not necessarily "less comfortable" :)

Yes we tried to swap our seats but we’re told this was not possible, one other owner I know sold his car because of the seats and got a Merc.

Discoman May 17th, 2021 10:04

I'm with the other posters who find their standard Momentum seats really great.

I actually went in to buy an R-Design and knew as soon as sitting in it that the seats were an overstyled mess. I don't know why people fall for this sports seats in an SUV thing.

Chudy85 May 17th, 2021 11:43

I found that my inscription seats are very comfortable and I am not small person. i can drive for 4 hours without breaks and still finish trip relaxed.

CoopsSA May 17th, 2021 12:50

It's subjective isn't it and what you get used to / comfortable in.

I find my V90 R-Design seats the best I've had, but then I like the supportiveness of seats and the fact that they are hard. Done a number of long journeys and find them great.

In contrast, the VW Passat I'm in at the minute has awful seats, too flat and not in enough support.