Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   V60, V60CC, V70 & XC60 Recall (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=239452)

chriskinsey1 Nov 4th, 2019 17:49

v60 D4 plastic manifold recall

I had a letter some time ago from volvo informing me of a possible recall, some time later I heard on Radio 4 that there was a recall for the plastic manifold issue. Checked on the volvo recall web site entering my VIN number and it threw up "Recall incomplete" in red text. My vehicle is a 2014 V60 D4. it didnt enlarge on which recall was incomplete though so I need to contact our local volvo dealer tomorrow (05/11/19/

Clan Nov 4th, 2019 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskinsey1 (Post 2568759)
I had a letter some time ago from volvo informing me of a possible recall, some time later I heard on Radio 4 that there was a recall for the plastic manifold issue. Checked on the volvo recall web site entering my VIN number and it threw up "Recall incomplete" in red text. My vehicle is a 2014 V60 D4. it didnt enlarge on which recall was incomplete though so I need to contact our local volvo dealer tomorrow (05/11/19/

what that means is that the Recall is not launched yet , you will get an official recall letter when it is . Have you read the initial letter fully? If you get any of those symptoms you must get the car into a dealer ASAP and they will deal with it .

davedru Nov 20th, 2019 12:16

Outstanding recall found

Post moved to here instead.

davedru Nov 20th, 2019 12:49

Post moved to here instead.

V60white Dec 21st, 2023 10:24

Seat belt bar recall ?

My "new" 2013 V60 has an outstanding recall from 2020 regarding some sort of seat belt bar problem.
Has anyone else had this ??
Will Volvo still honour the recall after three years ?

Clan Dec 21st, 2023 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by tails (Post 2452135)
how/who do i contact regarding any recalls for my 2014 xc60 d4 r design ?:eek:

Your local Volvo Dealer is the primary contact ..

dhr90 Dec 22nd, 2023 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by V60white (Post 2928055)
My "new" 2013 V60 has an outstanding recall from 2020 regarding some sort of seat belt bar problem.
Has anyone else had this ??
Will Volvo still honour the recall after three years ?

Best bet is to contact your local dealer to check. I’m fairly sure I left mine 18 months after the recall before I got it done.

Williamsonr3 Jan 2nd, 2024 15:34

A bit (but not much) off topic, I've just imported a 2013 T4 V60 from Japan.

Contacted my local Volvo dealer to give them the VIN and check if there were any outstanding recalls. Having imported a good few Scoobies, Ive come to find that the Japanese don't seem to keep up to date on any manufacturer recalls.

Volvo dealer response - "your VIN is showing as a V60 on our servicing system, but it then doesn't appear on the recall system at all"

They checked in their UK service 'teams chat' and the response was that being a Japanese delivered/registered vehicle, it won't show on Volvo's European systems. Which I find odd. I have been on the Volvo UK website and punched my VIN in and it didn't bring up any vehicle. Again, odd. The VIN I have matches the chassis/ original order sheet from Japan.

The service department recommended I contact Volvo UK directly to see what they can do. Which I have a few days back, but no response.

I know I will probably been quite alone with this, however, has anyone experienced this at all? Or have any advice?

Williamsonr3 Jan 4th, 2024 11:36

Randomly this has been resolved so ignore last, Volvo Glasgow managed to get someone down south to check a system and found all its warranty work and recalls.

All completed and it gave me an insight into the warranty work completed in Japan, sorted.

V60white Jan 14th, 2024 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhr90 (Post 2928301)
Best bet is to contact your local dealer to check. I’m fairly sure I left mine 18 months after the recall before I got it done.

Finally managed to get the local dealer to book the seat belt recall in for next week !!

They confirmed the recall was from 2020 but no contact from the previous owner in the records.