Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   What do wish Volvo would copy from other manufacturers? (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=301306)

vman99 Dec 8th, 2019 00:22

Parts required to produce a complete car

I would like a coolant temperature gauge, oil dip stick, sunglasses holder and a sun roof that shuts when the car is locked, (the interior cover of the sun roof to stay open), a CD player as standard equipement and finally a full size spare wheel.

GMcL Dec 8th, 2019 00:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by vman99 (Post 2578860)
I would like a coolant temperature gauge, oil dip stick, sunglasses holder and a sun roof that shuts when the car is locked, (the interior cover of the sun roof to stay open), a CD player as standard equipement and finally a full size spare wheel.

You don't want a Volvo, you want a DeLorean :icon_smile_lachuh:

GMcL Dec 8th, 2019 00:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by steadvex (Post 2578855)
Seriously though, software updates, ok so its only really Tesla I know of that do it OTA foc, but with each piece of software costing £££ and tons of modules on the car its madness, imagine we had to pay for every update of software on our phones or computers!

The mainstreams are doing OTA not just the McLaren's and Tesla's of this world. I think Volvo are getting there with their 'free' 100GB SIM card however, realtime satnav, map updates, user interface software upgrades these are all going to plough through data.

5G will murder 100GB in a day, maybe a week at a push.

MAGNAREZ Dec 8th, 2019 08:28

Have a manual dipstick.....
Electronic is OK but call me old fashioned, I prefer to see it for myself.
2015 d4, possibly a mod for this?

Chief inspector Dec 8th, 2019 09:07

Deleted

Paddybear Dec 8th, 2019 09:55

Google maps (audi)
Dashcam integration (bmw)
Pixel headlights (e-tron sportback)
Camera rearview mirror (latest defender)
More electric range for T8 (c.50 miles would be great like latest merc/bmw)
Directional indicators
Fog lights for the T8 (😂)
Rapid charging
All electric XC60/90 (appreciate it is coming)
Better wading depth on the T8....🏊*♂️

Just a few thoughts....and looked at the new defender yesterday....😁👍

cassell Dec 8th, 2019 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by nu11eaf (Post 2578783)
Proper Reverse lights instead of the tiny white slits on the XC90

+++1 for this on V90 too, they are complete rubbish!

Philip Fisher Dec 8th, 2019 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by chatss60 (Post 2578746)
Audi indicators

No. Please. Just no.

Maccmike Dec 8th, 2019 14:03

Cruise control on the right of the steering wheel.

neon Dec 8th, 2019 14:27

Fair to say first Volvo and impressed overall.
Big thing for me though and I cannot get away from it is the road noise and road refinement over bumps etc which should not be the case with a car that cost so much. Other brands do way better than my XC90. Even the mother-in-law asked the other day what that noise was when we took her away for a few days. I just made the excuse that the road surface was poor.
Due to put my winter 19" wheels and tyres on shortly which will help it a bit but still not enough.