Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   Events and Meetings (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   VOC Annual Rally and BKV (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=33622)

locky2306 May 9th, 2007 20:46

Spoken to John Griffiths this evening and can confirm, that to camp on site all you have to do is turn up on the day. No pre booking requried unless you are planning to stay on after the event has finished ie. to the following Thursday.

Again to enter your car into the Club Arena, just turn up on the day and you will be directed to your appropriate section.

Tickets ARE still available for the dinner dance on the Saturday, and is open to all VOC members. Contact John Griffiths, Events Director, details are in Driver Magazine.

Hope that helps, if you need additional info feel free to contact me.

D5 Monkey May 9th, 2007 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by REGAL 144 (Post 228593)
My attention has been drawn to this thread when looking at the map linked to Sutton Park. Regretably YORK has two Sutton Parks in close proximity, one a Country House and one a housing estate. One is North and one is South of York. I suggest you find the map for Sutton Park, Sutton On The Forest, YORK, YO61. Local knowledge tells me that a lot of Holiday Cottages and the like are getting booked up. I hope this is of use to those who did not attend the last Rally.
Bryan

Just to emphasise this point, the search results on the map linked on the official poster:
http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/bkv2007.shtml
This is not to Sutton Park but to Sutton on Derwent (about 20 miles away)
Please do not follow these directions, there will be a shortage of show worthy Volvos!

Can anyone in charge change the link/search criteria on the map?

cumbrianmale May 9th, 2007 21:30

This link may be of more help.

pzorb May 9th, 2007 21:47

What does BKV mean? :speechless-smiley-6

IC May 9th, 2007 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzorb (Post 236474)
What does BKV mean? :speechless-smiley-6

BKV is an acronym for Best Kept Volvo. It's a acronym that we as a club are moving away from using, the event is now known as the Annual National Rally.

pzorb May 9th, 2007 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by IC (Post 236476)
BKV is an acronym for Best Kept Volvo. It's a acronym that we as a club are moving away from using, the event is now known as the Annual National Rally.

Few, that's a relief! The last time we met Bob (at the CB dec '06) was also the last time the car got washed. :music-smiley-019:

IC May 9th, 2007 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzorb (Post 236484)
Few, that's a relief! The last time we met Bob (at the CB dec '06) was also the last time the car got washed. :music-smiley-019:

Hi, lol. Are you coming to the Crooked Billet on Sunday?

pzorb May 9th, 2007 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by IC (Post 236486)
Hi, lol. Are you coming to the Crooked Billet on Sunday?

Can't :( I've got my uni finals starting that week. Plus I'd have to clean the car again ;) After the 8th June I have a month off so I'm sure I'll catch you before I disappear (see the link below).

Should be able to make this Rally too :)

Alec Dawe May 9th, 2007 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian (Post 236359)
I attended the Annual last time round in York but without a car and found there were some cars (Amazons in particuar) parked in the car park instead of the show area. Do cars entered into BKV only have access too the main show area? Whilst I am very pleased with the condition of my 131 I dont want to have it entered into BKV but nevertheless like it shown under a non competition atmosphere. I can do without the stress!!

Brian

No stress involved at all. I put my 240 into the BKV competition knowing thet it wouldn't win, but I was persuaded to do so by the gate officials. "Its a very nice car, and people like to look!"
There was no stress factor at all, in fact I wasn't even there when it was inspected/judged, I think I was having a walk round the showground somewhere.
Enter it, just for fun.

D5 Monkey May 11th, 2007 15:55

Trade stands?

Never been to one of these meets, can anyone tell me if there is likely to be trade stands there (partsforvolvo, Nordic etc) Will I be able to bag any bargain bits for a "newer model" Volvo?