Volvo Owners Club Forum

Volvo Owners Club Forum (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/index.php)
-   S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   XC60 New Sensus software V3 (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=154957)

Brodick Apr 17th, 2013 15:19

No confusion up here. My dealer generally know what they are talking about
I haven't read all the paperwork for a while but I aware the the cars main engine/system/computer will receive any and all updates released for it when it is in for a routine service but not the sensus info/entertainment system.

Having said that if that is how volvo have it written in black and white then I agree it is ambiguous. I can only assume you have checked all the T's & C's

844PHW Apr 17th, 2013 17:09

My impression is that the Sensus software will only be updated if you report experiencing a known fault with it.

kprida Apr 18th, 2013 08:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodick (Post 1397969)
No confusion up here. My dealer generally know what they are talking about
I haven't read all the paperwork for a while but I aware the the cars main engine/system/computer will receive any and all updates released for it when it is in for a routine service but not the sensus info/entertainment system.

Having said that if that is how volvo have it written in black and white then I agree it is ambiguous. I can only assume you have checked all the T's & C's

I've checked the website and done a search, I can't find any T's & C's other than what is on the Volvo Service Promise web page. I consider the sensus unit part of the car (it's integrated into the electronics and won't work outside the car) so I'd expect it to be updated. Whilst it's not a major thing I do find it irritating when companies make grand fanfare about what they will do, and then won't do it. On the plus side mine *should* get updated under warrenty as it does have some bugs.

844PHW Apr 18th, 2013 08:12

You have to explain to them that you are experiencing actual problems as a result of those bugs. Otherwise they won't update it on the basis that you are not having a problem and the amount of time in the update would not be justified.

Steinikk Jun 23rd, 2013 18:09

Sensus 3.0 update

Hey.
A little story here.

My wife got speeding ticket in a speed camera.
Because of that I wanted to import POI of cameras in my Volvo XC60 2011.

not possible ....

I ordered map update. received from Germany after 14 days.
Loaded map within a week's time.

Map was updated :-) but map software version was still 0930 :-(

Went to my Volvo service center and had service version 2.0.
No Sensus 3.0 after service even if i explicitly asked if they upgraded all the software in the car, they said yes.

I went back and told them I needed Sensus 3.0.
They told me they could do it for 750 NOK. I said yes.

1 hour later the car was upgraded to Sensus 3.0 (trip Stats) :-) woha.

Map had received new feature. "Import POI". fine.

ready made ​​a USB plug with data. no success.
the car can not read data or find files (follow recipe)

I have to go back service center to upgrade the map software version to newer than 0930. hope this solves the challenge.

Crockers Jun 23rd, 2013 19:21

The files have to be in .gpx format.

Voltan Jun 27th, 2013 14:43

Importing POI's problem fixed.

I know this thread is a bit old but I finally got round to having the IMPORT POI"s problem that I had, fixed in my Sensus 3.

It might be of interest to those who have problems to mention that the system software was updated in the process from the original 0930 to OC71 which seems to have fixed the problem. The garage did it in about an hour I reckon.

Thanks to jimbg for his assistance too.